a-kem automotive

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
@Big Pimp
Ross would you have any idea on this order?
Delivery has always been very prompt in coming but I ordered it on the 11th and still no sign of it yet.

Screenshot_20190119-180022_Chrome.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp
Ross would you have any idea on this order?
Delivery has always been very prompt in coming but I ordered it on the 11th and still no sign of it yet.

View attachment 222222
Hello mate,

Yeah, I actually done that order myself and it left us on Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

I can see that orders which left on the same day have been delivered but yours has no markers against it, nor a POD from a neighbours even.

I’m really sorry about this mate. I’ll get onto express on Monday morning and find out what has happened to your latest order.

tonto83

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7.5 GTD
We had a little boy on January 2nd so things have been hectic since with little time for washing cars. Finally got round to trying my Anachem introductory pack yesterday evening. I literally had a window of about 80 mins. When I ordered I received a personalised email from Ross offering support and advice. Not often you see that, a really classy touch.

Sprayed on articulate at approx 40/1 followed by ultrafoam and left to dwell. I’ve always used bilt Hamber autofoam and found it excellent. This anachem combo is better as the dirt flies off far easier.

The gleam shampoo comes in a very handy dispenser (I used 2 portions which is probably too much). I found the shampoo nice and foamy.

The star of the show is undoubtedly the ultragloss. Now the pics below don’t do it justice, it’s even better today. Again not sure if I applied it correctly. Probably at approx 8/1, sprayed the whole car with it and then power washered off. It’s magic stuff. I cannot get my head around the level of gloss left by simply spraying it on power housing off. If I had towel dried, I presume the gloss levels would be even better. A real game changer.

I’m really looking forward to trying the hybrid if the ultragloss is anything to go by. I’m really impressed with the anachem products. The car just looks really clean today (obviously the articulate, ultrafoam and gleam are really powerful cleaners). I’d imagine I’ve spent thousands over the years but these products are at the top for ease of use but also more importantly finished results.

A couple of questions:
1. Does everyone spray the whole car or one panel at a time with ultragloss? Any issues if it dries on the paint?
2. What anachem product do people use to clean wheels? I used articulate but it’s still not as good as bilt Hamber autowheel (probably not a fair comparison as that’s a dedicated wheel cleaner)

Couple of terrible pics below
2CB10478-C8F8-4187-A5B4-C34D828FE376.jpeg
DF4FE606-BEF6-4AA4-A480-ACAD841B0830.jpeg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Hello mate,

Yeah, I actually done that order myself and it left us on Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

I can see that orders which left on the same day have been delivered but yours has no markers against it, nor a POD from a neighbours even.

I’m really sorry about this mate. I’ll get onto express on Monday morning and find out what has happened to your latest order.

Appreciate you getting back to me and sorry for pesturing you on a saturday evening.
Your deliveries are usually on the ball and even get a phonecall to see if i want it left somewhere or with a neighbour which is fantastic. I left it aslong as possible Incase things where backlogged but started to get worried when I got home this evening from work and it hadnt landed so thought I'd give you a shout.

Thank you

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
We had a little boy on January 2nd so things have been hectic since with little time for washing cars. Finally got round to trying my Anachem introductory pack yesterday evening. I literally had a window of about 80 mins. When I ordered I received a personalised email from Ross offering support and advice. Not often you see that, a really classy touch.

Sprayed on articulate at approx 40/1 followed by ultrafoam and left to dwell. I’ve always used bilt Hamber autofoam and found it excellent. This anachem combo is better as the dirt flies off far easier.

The gleam shampoo comes in a very handy dispenser (I used 2 portions which is probably too much). I found the shampoo nice and foamy.

The star of the show is undoubtedly the ultragloss. Now the pics below don’t do it justice, it’s even better today. Again not sure if I applied it correctly. Probably at approx 8/1, sprayed the whole car with it and then power washered off. It’s magic stuff. I cannot get my head around the level of gloss left by simply spraying it on power housing off. If I had towel dried, I presume the gloss levels would be even better. A real game changer.

I’m really looking forward to trying the hybrid if the ultragloss is anything to go by. I’m really impressed with the anachem products. The car just looks really clean today (obviously the articulate, ultrafoam and gleam are really powerful cleaners). I’d imagine I’ve spent thousands over the years but these products are at the top for ease of use but also more importantly finished results.

A couple of questions:
1. Does everyone spray the whole car or one panel at a time with ultragloss? Any issues if it dries on the paint?
2. What anachem product do people use to clean wheels? I used articulate but it’s still not as good as bilt Hamber autowheel (probably not a fair comparison as that’s a dedicated wheel cleaner)

Couple of terrible pics below
View attachment 222196 View attachment 222197

I actually enjoy washing my white car now. Barely have to touch it after spraying it with articulate, leave it for a bit then ultrafoam over the top of it and leave for another bit. 95% of the dirt just power washes off. People wouldn't believe me unless they tried it themselves

tonto83

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7.5 GTD
I actually enjoy washing my white car now. Barely have to touch it after spraying it with articulate, leave it for a bit then ultrafoam over the top of it and leave for another bit. 95% of the dirt just power washes off. People wouldn't believe me unless they tried it themselves

Brilliant to get that result without laying a hand on the car and if in a rush and need to give a quick wash.

I bought that as well but haven’t used it yet. I thought purge was strictly a fallout remover whereas i.e. autowheel has a degreased and a mild fallout remover in it to tackle wheel crud

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Be careful with bilt wheel cleaner. I know a set of diamond cut they ruined, the guy would be fussy when washing the car and didn’t let it dry etc. I find articulate shifts most stuff and I purge once a month or 2 depending on the miles I do.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@tonto83

Use dilutions as per the labels for the different products. You really don't need any more, a little goes a very long way with Ross' stuff!

Ultragloss: spray the whole car while it's still wet and just admire the water running off, rinse immediately, and then dry. Do not let it sit, and don't let it dry on.

Hybrid: this is a very different product, but easy to use. Apply to a dry car, a small section at a time and wipe down/polish with a cloth. I use two cloths - one to spread it evenly over an area and pick up excess, and one for the last wipe and polish.

Again don't let it sit.

Ultragloss is so easy to use, just do it all the time with every wash. You don't even need to dry the car if you're in a rush (babies :innocent: ).

Hybrid lasts for at least a couple weeks even in winter.

Wheels: Purge, as above. I spray on articulate on the entire car, including wheels; then purge on the wheels; then foam on top of the lot. Just all in one go.

tonto83

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7.5 GTD
Be careful with bilt wheel cleaner. I know a set of diamond cut they ruined, the guy would be fussy when washing the car and didn’t let it dry etc. I find articulate shifts most stuff and I purge once a month or 2 depending on the miles I do.

Thanks Jonny, good to know. I’d be sick if I wrecked the Brescia’s.

@tonto83

Use dilutions as per the labels for the different products. You really don't need any more, a little goes a very long way with Ross' stuff!

Ultragloss: spray the whole car while it's still wet and just admire the water running off, rinse immediately, and then dry. Do not let it sit, and don't let it dry on.

Hybrid: this is a very different product, but easy to use. Apply to a dry car, a small section at a time and wipe down/polish with a cloth. I use two cloths - one to spread it evenly over an area and pick up excess, and one for the last wipe and polish.

Again don't let it sit.

Ultragloss is so easy to use, just do it all the time with every wash. You don't even need to dry the car if you're in a rush (babies :innocent: ).

Hybrid lasts for at least a couple weeks even in winter.

Wheels: Purge, as above. I spray on articulate on the entire car, including wheels; then purge on the wheels; then foam on top of the lot. Just all in one go.

Really helpful advice, thank you!

I think ultragloss is going to be my saviour over the next few busy months. I’m looking at the car this morning and the beading is fantastic. I’m so impressed with it.

I’ll give that sequence a go with the purge. Thanks again for the advice

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I bought that as well but haven’t used it yet. I thought purge was strictly a fallout remover whereas i.e. autowheel has a degreased and a mild fallout remover in it to tackle wheel crud

I know people keep going on about "fallout removers", but it's really a load of horse hockey. All the pictures of cars going red are when people spray it on a dirty car and then obviously it will react with all that dirt.

But if you just clean the car the way you described, you will find there is nothing left to remove, "fallout" (just another word for "dirt" really) or otherwise.

Any "fallout" remover is at the core a weak acid. And acids work brilliantly for cleaning brake dust off wheels.

Purge is superb for that. Normally just spray on and powerhose off as above. If they're really bad then a few strokes with a dish brush or similar will do the job.

Sorry, rant over, feel much better now :joy::joy::joy:

tonto83

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7.5 GTD
I know people keep going on about "fallout removers", but it's really a load of horse hockey. All the pictures of cars going red are when people spray it on a dirty car and then obviously it will react with all that dirt.

But if you just clean the car the way you described, you will find there is nothing left to remove, "fallout" (just another word for "dirt" really) or otherwise.

Any "fallout" remover is at the core a weak acid. And acids work brilliantly for cleaning brake dust off wheels.

Purge is superb for that. Normally just spray on and powerhose off as above. If they're really bad then a few strokes with a dish brush or similar will do the job.

Sorry, rant over, feel much better now :joy::joy::joy:

I’m guessing that’s been building for a while

I washed the mrs car this afternoon which was pretty dirty. It was a completely touchless wash. Articulate, snowfoam and finished with ultragloss. So quick and handy. Did it all in my “good clothes” I’m so impressed with the products.

I tried the articulate, purge and snowfoam combo on the wheels with excellent results.

davyk31

RMS Regular
If lots of people do Articulate followed by foam then can you not mix the products in the lance bottle or Ross make the product already mixed with both the solutions??

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not sure if it works using a lance with articulate, kind of doubt it. Hard to control concentrations...

A lance is for, well, foaming stuff.

As above, it can also be useful to let articulate "soak" a little. It's also a brilliant general purpose cleaner for all sorts of things, from floors and tiles around the house to, well, cars.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks guys for commenting and helping out @tonto83 wirh his questions. I appreciate it so much!

If lots of people do Articulate followed by foam then can you not mix the products in the lance bottle or Ross make the product already mixed with both the solutions??
Yep, you can mix the products which is what we have done up at work for the work vans and my motor for a quick mid week wash.

All that happens though is that the foam isn’t just as thick but it still works perfectly well.

I’ve said it before, and my own preferred technique is:

Spray with articulate first, allow to dwell for a couple of minutes and then apply UltraFoam.

Rinse off, wash with gleam and rinse.

Spray with UltraGloss and rinse.

Sprayed products have a better more even coverage than foamed. This is why articulate sprayed works better than articulate foamed.

The reason I don’t sell a mixed product like articulate and UltraFoam together (to the general public at least - I have a few commercial customers who have special blends made for them) is that I wanted to keep my products as ‘pure’ as possible and I am aware that there are people who have other pre cleaners etc. that they like / still have a lot to use before getting mine.

If UltraFoam was a mixture then results may not be as good as they are currently.

And @tonto83 - thank you so much for your kind words, comments, sharing your experiences and review of me and my range

Oh, and biggest congratulations on the birth of your son!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Placed a very small order this evening but looking forward to trying Hybrid out for the first time - hopefully the weather is decent next weekend when I get the new car home :grinning:.

Also Purge is very good value in 2.5L!

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
Just to show how great Purge is, I'll let the pictures do the talking for a set of wheels I recently bought.
Believe it or not this was the wheel after it was first washed and dried. The brake dust was caked on thick.
IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

Purge then applied and left to dwell for 10 mins
IMG_3526.JPG

Given a really good scrub then power washed off
IMG_3533.JPG

Tarminator then applied to remove tar spots and the old weight sticky pads
IMG_3534.JPG

Finished result
IMG_3535.JPG

I honestly couldn't believe just how well they all come up! I was sure they would remain slightly stained and would need refurbed