RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I always wondered with a bit if jigging about could 2 cars somehow fit in my garage, deep down I knew it was impossible so tonight I just needed confirmation.
Manoeuvred car about a few times and this is as close as I'll get, maybe just maybe if I was to loose the workbench at the back wall I may fit a MINI in there but that's it unfortunately....DAM IT(n)
View attachment 222957
View attachment 222958
View attachment 222959
You could, you just have the wrong cars:laughing:
2 Smart cars, Caterhams, original Fiat 500's or original minis would go plus a lot of others I'm sure

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Went to halfords yesterday in lisburn to get a tool box then on to Wilson's for a few spanners, neither of which went to plan and I'm now considerably poorer
20190125_131626.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Teng box was one i already had, think it was 450 with tools which was a great starter kit. Planning on gathering up a few more tools this year and I'm more than impressed with teng quality probably more than I need. Might not be snap on but I'm not trying to earn a living off them and I'd need another job or 2 to pay for them

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Yeah I've a few Teng set there. Can't fault them for garage use at all. A cousin of mine is a mechanic and has been buying snap on for 20 years, his collection of stuff is crazy, but even he says it overpriced now.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Nice I like how they even fit in the halfords drawers. It's a nice touch how the lids just come off the Teng sets
My mate got the top box so I tried them in there first, they're a bit snug to fit the long ones in but they do fit

Ollie

RMS Regular
Teng stuff is good but does anyone else find the spanners hard on the hands? I always lift my cheap spanners first. The teng ones are very skinny, its hard to get a good pull on them.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Teng stuff is good but does anyone else find the spanners hard on the hands? I always lift my cheap spanners first. The teng ones are very skinny, its hard to get a good pull on them.
They do longer combination spanners that I'm considering getting next along with a set of ratchet spanners

Actually they've a new set of anti slip combination spanners that I was looking at in Wilson's and I wasn't overly keen on the feel if them

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Don't think anything I do will make it work, literally 1 or 2 feet would of made all the difference:relieved:

On the bright side you cabinets look fantastic. Are they NewAge product? I’ve looked at them a few times but yet to buy them

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
On the bright side you cabinets look fantastic. Are they NewAge product? I’ve looked at them a few times but yet to buy them
Yes that's right, took me ages to commit aswell but really happy with them. If you want to take a look at them your more than welcome, I know I would if liked to look at them in the flesh before commiting but didn't have that option

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Yes that's right, took me ages to commit aswell but really happy with them. If you want to take a look at them your more than welcome, I know I would if liked to look at them in the flesh before commiting but didn't have that option

That’s very good of you to offer, seeing yours there put me in the notion again so was checking online. Garage Pride don’t seem to list them anymore, NewAge website have the Bold series at good prices but marked out of stock. I’ve emailed them there to see if they are due back in or discontinued.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Glad the Teng Tools get approval. I'm wanting to get the 1000 piece mega master tool chest once the garage work gets done.
I thought about that and then even the Monster mega chest but couldn't justify taking that big a financial hit in one go, going to start and try and gather a set or 2 up each payday or if i need something for a job and build a set I need/want. I've never needed imperial so no need in 2 or 3 hundred quids worth or so taking up space in a box either

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I will need to save up for it, and there will be some stuff that will almost never be needed, but for £3k you get the chest, trays and tools so I reckon its the cheaper way to do it.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
That’s very good of you to offer, seeing yours there put me in the notion again so was checking online. Garage Pride don’t seem to list them anymore, NewAge website have the Bold series at good prices but marked out of stock. I’ve emailed them there to see if they are due back in or discontinued.
I got mine from garage pride but your right they don't seem to sell them anymore,mine is the Pro series which I thought was worth the extra.
I tried contacting Newage myself before hand but it was a slow process
Honestly drop round sometime and see what you think

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I will need to save up for it, and there will be some stuff that will almost never be needed, but for £3k you get the chest, trays and tools so I reckon its the cheaper way to do it.

Buy a cheaper box and fill it with teng tools