Gen 2 Megabusa

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Hell yes!!
Honestly, This is a dream sunday car for me. Would kill to have this in the garage!!!!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Ok a wee update. The Westfield has pretty much been sitting on my lift for 2 years with the Busa engine installed but not wired. There is a long list of jobs and I have been so busy with life that the Westfield has just been bottom of the pile. But I have now finally mustered up the motivation and I am making time (work all day, family time in the evening and then slip off to the garage late at night...)

Anyways, I am now in the throws of wiring her up. The MBE loom is a joy but it’s a bulky old thing and that has lead to much head scratching. There are in fact 3 looms on the car - MBE runs the engine, Stack runs the clocks and picks up all the data like temps and pressures, and then I have the road loom for all the lights etc, so keeping all of this wiring tidy is proving a challenge.

Don’t have many pics but thought I would share this, I managed to tuck the MBE stuff away nicely on the drivers side hidden from view on a quick access drop down panel.

57C876D2-F471-4F07-A049-AEB2B1C1DC8E.jpeg

I have got the regulator wired up and am just working through the loom bit by bit. I took out the Datatool gear indicator as it wasn’t overly accurate (it reads revs and wheel speed and calculates the gear) and have ordered a GiPro which reads direct from the Suzuki gear position sensor, which will be a big improvement.

Here’s how the engine currently sits, looking forward to tucking away all pipes and wires and getting alll the body panels back on.

B9B327EC-49BC-40CE-B605-C6FECE0B28C9.jpeg

0B31360C-BE39-4689-9D35-B1884209C029.jpeg

She is due her first MOT start of March, and we are looking at Nürburgring end of April, so I have a target to work towards which always helps push the thing on.. will start back with a few regular updates to show what it takes to get her over the line!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
That car is just

enjoy the ring. I done it on a bike once.... and i’d Much rather have the relative safety of one of these vs. A bike there..... some absolute nutters on track, zome that can drive/ride.... and many that can’t.

The car park is a great place to be.... some serious machinery.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Spent today with @KeithRobinson progressing the wiring. She is 95% wired now, just a few last ones that are beating us. Will need the man who made the loom to give us a steer but it would take less than an hour now to get her running.

First off made a wee bracket to hold the starter solenoid

CE79F1C1-6121-449D-B641-0ABFB11476C0.jpeg

493A1A04-906E-4866-A5EB-FACB018086E4.jpeg

AF344711-4BC8-49A4-8835-24D464797D06.jpeg

Got the dash rigged up and spent the day wiring up the Regulator/rectifier, FIA kill switch, starter motor and finished the MBE loom. All that’s left now is the ignition toggle, engine start button and the 4 wires off the back of the starter solenoid. Don’t have many exciting photos but the good thing is that we aren’t far off filling her with fluids and getting her fired up for the first time! Still a bit of tidying up of the wires needed too

032550B8-95D6-44D7-9AE4-0EA38345AC4A.jpeg

3445B451-D6D8-4344-A697-28757A497D08.jpeg

459A9F49-BAE5-4B27-9C7F-DAC29DA88D5C.jpeg

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
That car is just

enjoy the ring. I done it on a bike once.... and i’d Much rather have the relative safety of one of these vs. A bike there..... some absolute nutters on track, zome that can drive/ride.... and many that can’t.

The car park is a great place to be.... some serious machinery.

Cheers Mark. It is an amazing place. I did it in a Focus RS, to be honest the thought of taking the Busa terrifies me. Need to get some time in the seat to get my confidence up..

Paul Hamill

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiger Avon busa
Looks like a serious piece of kit - get her to the hills - there's at least 4 of us in 'busa 7's there this year!. All the best with getting her finished.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Looks like a serious piece of kit - get her to the hills - there's at least 4 of us in 'busa 7's there this year!. All the best with getting her finished.

What’s involved there, Paul? She was originally built for the Sevens but I took a change of heart, do you think she would be up to the Hills? I think it would scare the crap out of me

Paul Hamill

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiger Avon busa
Hi Rob, She would be great on the hills.You could run her in roadgoing class with 888's or similar or in the modified class on slicks. One thing I can tell you is that after your first hill you will become addicted!. Easygoing days and a great bunch of people too.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Haven’t managed a lot of garage time lately, but got a few jobs ticked off the list. Wiring is now almost complete, the car is ready to start and I just have 2 items left which need attention; the low pressure fuel pump isn’t running and the rad switch/fan needs wired as it was botched into the previous Honda loom. Also had to fit a new Yuasa battery, last one has bit the dust already! Had to make up a little loom for the engine start button, ignition toggle and cigarette lighter. Glad to have that all ticked off the list and functioning!

FA1AA761-B8B3-4BC0-90B9-75C7A9A4635C.jpeg

Also spent a bit of time on the brakes and clutch fluid, the car runs Motul RBF 600 and it needs changed every 2 years, so did a complete fluid flush with my new toy and must say I was really impressed! This pressure bleeder allows perfect 1 man bleeding and also allows you hold a constant pressure in the line so you can identify any leaks. I had more than 1 joint that was weeping so was great to see the full system hold pressure for 10 mins at 20psi and give me confidence that it should be good on track. The scissor lift really came into its own and made the whole job a pleasure! Anyone who bleeds brakes should invest £45 and get one off Amazon

31C8BFFA-FDA3-4D29-98ED-2902C8B3FBB6.jpeg

Another job which I’m sure will divide opinions is tyre paint, decided that the chunky sidewalls might lend themselves to white lettering so gave it a go. What do you all think! I love it

10A4C598-F845-4A97-8311-199BBE468DEA.jpeg

F86DFE41-F7AA-404B-BABE-1D38771EF8CA.jpeg

Lastly I fitted the GiPro gear indicator and also the Stack shift light, hopefully in a better location right just off my eye line and much tidier than before. Pics to follow..

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Haven’t managed a lot of garage time lately, but got a few jobs ticked off the list. Wiring is now almost complete, the car is ready to start and I just have 2 items left which need attention; the low pressure fuel pump isn’t running and the rad switch/fan needs wired as it was botched into the previous Honda loom. Also had to fit a new Yuasa battery, last one has bit the dust already! Had to make up a little loom for the engine start button, ignition toggle and cigarette lighter. Glad to have that all ticked off the list and functioning!

View attachment 224542

Also spent a bit of time on the brakes and clutch fluid, the car runs Motul RBF 600 and it needs changed every 2 years, so did a complete fluid flush with my new toy and must say I was really impressed! This pressure bleeder allows perfect 1 man bleeding and also allows you hold a constant pressure in the line so you can identify any leaks. I had more than 1 joint that was weeping so was great to see the full system hold pressure for 10 mins at 20psi and give me confidence that it should be good on track. The scissor lift really came into its own and made the whole job a pleasure! Anyone who bleeds brakes should invest £45 and get one off Amazon

View attachment 224544

Another job which I’m sure will divide opinions is tyre paint, decided that the chunky sidewalls might lend themselves to white lettering so gave it a go. What do you all think! I love it

View attachment 224543

View attachment 224545

Lastly I fitted the GiPro gear indicator and also the Stack shift light, hopefully in a better location right just off my eye line and much tidier than before. Pics to follow..

Love this! The white lettering on the tyre looks good in my opinion! Awaiting further pics

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Big thumbs up on the white lettering!

I have a small bottle of bright red tyre paint you can have for free if you wanted to highlight anything red on the tyres.