Steering wheel retrim - all the options

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Brother is asking where to get his wheel retrimed.
I know of Royal Steering Wheels (and have recommended them) but what are all the options out there ?
Arek ? (Any contact details?)
Any others you know of ?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I've used TiggyDesigns and Royal Steering Wheels before and they were both super!

Royal
c11eec8b.jpg

Tiggy
20160914_161609-jpg.125292

Reactions: Ben

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Need contact details guys, can't just tell him Arek or Tiggy :joy: (ok, i can google tiggy designs)

He sounds more inclined to go "local" as in NI somwhere, so any contact details for Arek or similar ?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Also check out Jason at JW Autotrim. See Instagram and FB pics of some of his work. Outstanding.

He has a laser machine to perforate the leather and has some nice engraved armrests etc.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Control Custom's stuff is brilliant, I believe Baron uses them for wheel retrims.

cr=w:800,h:500,a:cc

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
As a side question to this, does a flat bottom steering wheel not get annoying to live with after a while?

I always wondered this too. Looks good in most cars but must get annoying long term maybe?

Just think of how pissed off Michael Knight must have been though. :p

fa64dccf1efffc19fc3cc012f5351b6c.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
If its a RWD car and you like to throw it around a bit, I wouldn't recommend a flat bottom, makes feeding the wheel a bit more difficult.

Did love the flat bottom on my Mk5 GTI.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
do the local fellas work on exchange basis too or do they need your original wheel?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I quite liked the flat bottom, felt it gave you something extra to feel and grip while turning the wheel.