Garden machinery- 2 stroke machinery 2021 price update.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
2 stroke garden machinery.

Our primary brand is Mitox. They do a full range of machines from basic to farm quality, they also took over Kawasaki's business in Europe to offer a full commercial range too. These are the only proper Japanese kawasaki machines available, all others being the kawasaki engine placed on someone else shaft. Not cheap however.

Strimmers.

Start at £109 for the standard one but I'd push to the straight shaft one thats shaft driven and comes with a brush cutter head for £129.

Mitox 26L-SP Select Petrol Brushcutter

To push into the next range up which is better quality and comes with more power, lighter, lovely padded harness, lower vibration etc etc its starting at £249 and running to £329 for the biggest engine.

mitox-460uvx-premium-petrol-brushcutter.html

Hedge trimmers. The standard big seller is the 600dx at £179, and again we've kawasaki etc all in stock too.

Mitox 600DX Premium Hedgetrimmer

The long reach one is £189 too but I'd push to the premium one at £239 which has a longer 24" head, better engine and gearbox and one touch adjustment.

Mitox 28LH Select Petrol Hedge Trimmer

Multi tools, the standard 26mt is £239 and comes with a strimmer, brush cutter, hedge trimmer and chainsaw. The premium 28mt upgrades to the better gearbox, 24" head, adjustable chainsaw head and a extra 1 meter extension pole for £339.

Mitox 28MT Select 5in1 Petrol Multi-Tool

Chainsaws, Mitox launched a new range before Christmas and they are a massive improvement on the old ones and are 40% more powerful. They beat the entry level Husqvarna and Stihl by a mile. Prices range from £169 to £279 for 14" up to 20" and all come with oregon bar and chain, walbro japanese carb etc.

Mitox 515CSX Premium Petrol Chainsaw

We also stock most of the Husqvarna range for the more professional/serious user.

Log splitters. The most popular is the 6.5 ton ls65x and the 7 ton vertical, these are £339 and £669. If you considering a splitter don't delay as from this year new legalisation means they will all have to be caged, I've seen the cages and sales will literally stop.

Mitox LS700 Log Splitter

Leaf blowers, we've all shapes and sizes but the standard 26bsp is hard to beat at £109. Or £139 with a vacuum kit.

Mitox 26B-SP Petrol Garden Blower

Battery. With technology improving all the time battery is now a option. It's not the be all and eld all some people seem to spout, batteries are expensive for a large capacity which you need to run the machines for any length of time and unless you spend big money they still are not upon to petrol performance. But they are decent, low maintenance and quiet, for a small garden they make sense.

We do Ego which is serious kit tho not the cheapest. As an example straight shaft strimmer with battery charger and harness is £229, tho once you have the battery any follow up tools will be cheaper. More on this to come as stocks are light.

I've left plenty out but any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Just to add my experience - Following @lightning's recommendations, I got the 28MT 5 in 1 multi tool a couple of years ago, and it has been a flawless fantastic machine.

The chainsaw on the extension pole has been the stand out item in the range for me. so powerful and well made, and more than capable.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Just to add my experience - Following @lightning's recommendations, I got the 28MT 5 in 1 multi tool a couple of years ago, and it has been a flawless fantastic machine.

The chainsaw on the extension pole has been the stand out item in the range for me. so powerful and well made, and more than capable.

Called in and got the same tool for working around the house. The long reach trimmer and adjustable angles has been great for cutting hedges without faffing with ladders etc. Also the chainsaw tool has been great at dealing with branches and trunks with ease!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Would the Mitox multi engine/drive unit fit the Ryobi accessories of the same style ?

I have the Ryobi multi but the engine is a bit hit or miss.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

Do you still have these in stock @lightning ? Think it would be ideal for around the new pad with the hedges and trees.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740

Do you still have these in stock @lightning ? Think it would be ideal for around the new pad with the hedges and trees.

Yes mate usually always keep them they’re very popular.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Hiya, do you still have the premium hedge cutters? The one with the 24" head at 199?

Apologies they all sold today, a trade customer cleared us out of the last 6.

I still have the one above it, the 750dx, and the one below it the 600dx, and I’ve 24 more ordered which will be in next week.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Bought a Al-ko Mower here yesterday evening, flawless service as usual and Simon is a gent!

I have got to the point I won't even call anywhere else... (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning can you let me know if you have the mt28 5 in 1 in stock? also is that free carriage to bangor too?

Sorry none left at present, we’re pressing to get a load in asap so I’ll keep you posted. Hopefully mid next week but no promises. We have the 26mt but that’s it. Yes free carriage no problem.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Sorry none left at present, we’re pressing to get a load in asap so I’ll keep you posted. Hopefully mid next week but no promises. We have the 26mt but that’s it. Yes free carriage no problem.

ah balls. Id be after the 28 if anything. its that or buy the crappy 'titan' own brand from screwfix which i would prefer not to.
what days are you closed next week for the holidays? if it was in early in the week I would take one for sure

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Just checked there and they were lifted in England this morning. Best case Tuesday. Worst case Thursday.