New Average Speed Cameras on Saintfield Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
So I’ve just noticed today upon heading into Belfast that new average speed cameras have been staggered from Carryduff roundabout all the way up to the Cairnshill lights, can’t miss them on top of big yellow poles.

They haven’t been finished yet but I suspect it’ll only be a few days until they will be live. Had no idea they were doing this, usually would have heard on the grape vine. I suspect a lot of people will be caught as they fly up and down that road.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
It's a 50mph there isn't it?

I always thought 50 was plenty for that road... wouldn't have thought there's a need for the cameras

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW

I always thought 50 was plenty for that road... wouldn't have thought there's a need for the cameras
Yeah it’s a 50, which is quick enough, but you tend to get people coming up behind you on the inside lane in big jeeps, can’t get past you quick enough

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Being reduced to 40mph once operational. Lad in work who commutes from carryduff was saying yesterday.
I’ve noticed they’ve put up new 50 signs so that might be unlikely

scub

Banned
it varies between 40 50 & 30 atm so they must be changing that ?
or it certainly used to be ?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I’ve noticed they’ve put up new 50 signs so that might be unlikely
In this day n age I would say the opposite

Here, Dave, we've just spent 10 grand on new signs. Do you want us to take them down and swap them for different ones now we're done?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Must be that massive accident history, deaths etc on the road.....Why else would anyone fit such cameras there ?

Although on all levels, if they are fitting speed cameras there, it really is completely and utterly pointless and doubt there would even be huge numbers exceeding 50 to warrant them even in their eyes.

More civil service type stupidity

Or maybe they will do a sneaky drop to 40 too.

scub

Banned
No front plate is 30fpn, driving like a walt is 60+3

No brainer imo
i got caught leaving brackenvale in the evo & clocked at 78 in a 50 at the kentucky just down the road where the cops set up so as you can't see them.
3 points & 60 quid which I thought was a bit of a result tbh !

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Yeah I know of two people died hittin the wall at speed at the Ivanhoe
About 15 years ago there were about 4 or 5 people killed in just crx's between Ivanhoe and Purdysburn over the course of about 12 months plus another fatality not long ago when an elderly man was hit and killed crossing the road.

Late at night it would be a fast road where 3 figure speeds would be easily hit

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Glad to see it, I drive that road every day and people fly on it esp once past knockbraken on the way toward brackenvale easy 60mph or more is common. Getting out of brackenvale garage when traffic is busy is really dangerous tbh. It should be a 40 the whole way.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Sure when you come off the roundabout heading to Belfast, half the time, you end up doing 40 in the outside lane as someone is turning in to Brackenvale (3/4 of a fecking mile on down the road). Normally exiting the roundabout inside lane straight over to the outside lane oblivious of anyone else around them. Nearly been taken out a couple of times

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Would be up and down it regularly and in a big jeep or something 50 feels plenty in traffic...night time would be a different story though.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just passed them. Taking screenshots and editing pics while driving isn’t easy though. Glad there’s no cameras installed to capture such antics... :joy:

8AA74053-2762-4763-89E5-73D90172C8D4.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Standard of driving in this place is ridiculous, people just seem to be in a daze these days

And everyone knows, speed cameras will never change that.

If they want to make the likes of the petrol station or hospital junction safer, roundabouts at both would be better. Even the traffic light layout at the hospital is extremely poor.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I don’t do many miles thankfully but there’s not a day goes by where I wouldn’t use the horn to alert some t**t that they are half sleeping at lights, clearly breaking red lights or wavering into my lane etc etc.....WTF would be a common phrase when I’m driving I feel for people who’s job involves a lot of driving. Anyway there’s another thread for that (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.