Comp Safari: Muddy Marvellous!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Very good venue, we did a few events with the NI Landrover club there.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
This looks like some craic I have to say.

Would a lwb vehicle be any use, or is swb preferable?

The pics all seem to show stuff that have a Bowler Wildcat type feel to them.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

They’re all hugely modified and most are Bowlers. It’s not just something to jump in to with any 4x4.

The SAE/trials would suit road vehicles or lightly modified at least.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Seen what I assume is one of these turning off the main road at Ballygawley on Sunday. Looked like some piece of kit and great fun

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They’re all hugely modified and most are Bowlers. It’s not just something to jump in to with any 4x4.

The SAE/trials would suit road vehicles or lightly modified at least.

Two Bowlers and the rest were Vitaras, defenders and SJ410's last time I was at one.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Yes ideally SWB for any offroading really. The key to these events is having something reliable and meeting all of the safety regs. Pretty sure there's different classes as well so you don't end up racing a wildcat with a modified Jimny.

Biggest challenge was finding competitors for them. Don't think I ever marshalled at one with more than about 10 participants.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I need to get my finger out and join up with either the Surf or Vitara, or else but a new yoke.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Get the blue book and make sure it'll pass scruitineering. Can't remember everything off the top of my head but appropriate sized spreader plates welded onto the chassis for a compliant cage, 5 point harnesses, stamped helmet, up to date fire extinguising equipment, double return springs on throttle body & pedal, removal of steering lock and probably another dozen things I've since forgot.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.