What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Swore at it extensively. After getting the Skoda going again by replacing every part of the charging system a few days ago, the clutch master has now let go... :expressionless:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Hit the car with a DA for the first time in its 18 year life and my life under the watchful knowledgeable guise and further assistance from @Mont Sealed with Collinite and reapplied Anachem Hydraclean to the windows. Pity its been basically nothing but dull and rainy since :sob::poop:

20190420_172440~2.jpg

20190420_172419~2.jpg

20190425_160243~2.jpg

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Got fed up of running the Cosworth as a daily (Hilux is in getting injector pump & injectors reconditioned) so bought this runabout for £360.. BUT, I have £120 left and it needs a nearside driveshaft.

B6552D74-FFF5-48BC-988F-4DDB10C3F6F5.jpeg

Arrrgh but 1.9 205 GTi wheels are the same money 😩

A02DA3F6-F908-4B35-8BE0-A2B228A02257.jpeg

YOLO!!
Life’s too short for driveshafts 🥂💃🏾

07D77886-9403-42F8-A30A-A0346D1A3A22.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Got fed up of running the Cosworth as a daily (Hilux is in getting injector pump & injectors reconditioned) so bought this runabout for £360.. BUT, I have £120 left and it needs a nearside driveshaft.

View attachment 234576

View attachment 234575

YOLO!!

View attachment 234574

Looks class Barry. I nursed a ZX with a knackered driveshaft for a full lap of Ireland. Was grand :laughing:

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo

View attachment 234576

View attachment 234575

YOLO!!

View attachment 234574

Class, been thinking something like that would be handy as a runabout and that looks ideal. Fire me some details if you think of selling.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
No bother Paul will do. Tested til January unbelievably.

Did you have to take out a commercial policy?

Always loved the idea of a van or pickup for throwing ***** in the back of and love driving them for some weird reason but insurance was always the hurdle.

Reactions: Ben

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Did you have to take out a commercial policy?

Always loved the idea of a van or pickup for throwing ***** in the back of and love driving them for some weird reason but insurance was always the hurdle.

Yeah I’ve had a commercial policy for the past 6 years, don’t bother with private car anymore as I only daily vans & have a classic in the garage.
What about a Berlingo Multispace? They will be private car & will also be a lower tax bracket.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Swapped the summer wheels onto the Mini. Debating whether to get the winters refurbished as they’ll be no stranger to a kerb when they go back on. Will likely just clean them up and store them in the roofspace.
Checked the torque on my wheel nuts as I had the wrench out anyway. Will try to give them a clean tomorrow

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Wired in a connects2 steering wheel controls adapter. So much easier when you have a touch screen headunit.

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
New pads, decided I'd rather drive the car for the next two weeks than leave it sitting, I had been told by the last company who worked on it that the pads were 90% worn and the discs were at the bare minimum, upon removal of the old pads I realised there's actually plenty left in the discs so at least when I sell them there will be fresh enough pads
IMG-20190504-WA0001.jpg

Also, swap was carried out in the middle of hard castle Street because it's a nice day haha

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Serviced the mk4 - oil and filter, new front discs and pads, new temp sensor and fresh coolant.

Then took to the rear end. The towbar was never fitted right by the previous owner, as I discovered when I went to hitch the trailer on. And then I was aware the numberplate bulb holder was MIA. So bumper off, and discovered the previous owner had mounted the towbar with a grand total of 2 bolts. So removed it until I purchase another few bolts as didnt have any suitable lying about and then will refit it. Whilst off, located the number plate bulb wiring but no holder.
2BFE4E38-7ABF-432B-B59A-154DE0EA4BE8.jpeg

So need to get one of them. Its probably due another wash, its had 2 in my ownership.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
The GheyR2 is getting a bit of preventative maintenance today around the jacking points plus fitting the aerial I bought about a year ago and refitting all the missing trim etc that I never got round too!

20190505_115032.jpg

Having strong feelings about fitting my Kenwood head unit, alpine type Rs and Kicker sub into her....because Racecar....

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Also this evening, had a go with the DA. I had not used it since the Saab last summer. As you can see the paint on the Alhambra is absolutely shocking. I've managed to get some sort of shine out of it, but close up it still needs some work. Happy for now, but I'll give it another go soon I think.

IMG_20190505_150409.jpg

IMG_20190505_183626.jpg

After

IMG_20190505_184557.jpg

IMG_20190505_192404.jpg

IMG_20190505_211447.jpg

Last edited:

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Tackled the mk3 cabriolet today, refitting the interior after letting it all dry out. Pressure is on to get it some what presentable for Kilbroney.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Also this evening, had a go with the DA. I had not used it since the Saab last summer. As you can see the paint on the Alhambra is absolutely shocking. I've managed to get some sort of shine out of it, but close up it still needs some work. Happy for now, but I'll give it another go soon I think.

View attachment 234991
View attachment 234992

After

View attachment 234993
View attachment 234994
View attachment 235013

That is a fantastic improvement, the Volvos paintwork looks near identical but I can’t bring myself to start into it.

What DA and compounds are you using?

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
That is a fantastic improvement, the Volvos paintwork looks near identical but I can’t bring myself to start into it.

What DA and compounds are you using?

The DA is a 900w das6 from In2detailing used with Scholl S20 Black, which is an one step polish, with a Lake Country Yellow pad. I reckon it's only about 80% better. Could still do with a lot more work. I get far to impatient.