C7 Audi A6 vs F10 BMW 520d

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Looking some advice here

The Mrs is wanting to change her car.

She has her eye on a 2.0 TDI C7 A6 or a F10 520d

Being a BMW nut I am trying to steer he towards the 5 series but she seems to be favouring the A6.

Does anybody have any advice or tips on which would be the better choice?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
F10. You’ll find the C7 very dated in comparison, tech wise.

That could be an issue. All she cares about is bluetooth streaming, nav and DAB I am guessing the Audi lacks in this department?

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Another vote here for the A6. But then i am a bit biased and dont rate BMWs at all. The Audi however is very comfortable, reliable, safe and has all the DAB, bluetooth and sat nav you'd want. Better residual than the BMW too i think

jonny.92

RMS Regular
That could be an issue. All she cares about is bluetooth streaming, nav and DAB I am guessing the Audi lacks in this department?

My C7 2.0tdi black edition has all of the above, plus Bose etc. I don't find it lacking in tech at all, but if you could find one with the tech pack you'll get a bigger screen and better UI. I wish mine had it but not a lot of people specc'd it from factory apparently.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
You'll never get an unbiased opinion on here, owners either way will say its the best thing since sliced pan. Better to get out and drive a few, you never know the Audi might surprise you, or not.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Maybe also check out an F31? I really enjoyed mine and regret selling it.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks all.

At the moment it seems she is keen on the Audi but as long as it has the creature comforts her current 116d has she is happy enough.

I tried to get her to take a liking to the F10 but she says its not for her and thinks they are ugly.

Driving dynamics wouldn't be too big on her list. I will be driving the car quite regularly as well but as it will be a daily I don't really care if its a boring drive so a FWD 2.0 TDI would do the job I would think as I have the M3 in the garage for when I want to go for a proper drive.

Is there any model years that I would need to go for on the A6? I have seen a few very well priced ones that are 2013/14 don't really care if its a pre-face lift in terms on looks as the car will be doing 30k+ a year an older one or a slightly higher miler doesn't bother me as she will be putting big miles onto it anyway.

Maybe also check out an F31? I really enjoyed mine and regret selling it.

She won't warm to the F31 as much as I have tried she says she will consider an F30 but definitely not an F31 :worried: