Stand pipes

bill

Banned
What is the law with standpipes in Northern Ireland my friend has to park 100 yards from his house.
He needs a hose to clean the car.
Right next to his car park is a fire hydrant 10 feet from his car can he buy a stand pipe and just use it or does he he a licence from DOE.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It’s has nothing to do with DOE. The water network is under NI Water’s control.

NI Water website said:
To gain permission to use the network, customers with legitimate requirements must obtain a license from NI Water to permit temporary access. A condition of this license is that NI Water’s corporate standpipe, marked in our company colours of blue and white, must be used.”

A license and further information can be obtained by contacting 08458 770002 or email standpiperental@niwater.com. These contact details can also be used by customers to report suspected illegal use of NI Water’s network.

Basically, he wouldn’t be granted legal access without a permit in case he damages the threads in the hydrant outlet which renders it useless and would prevent the likes of the fire brigade using it in emergencies.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Glad i posted this i said to him sure who will know lol better tell him buy more buckets.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
@gpaevo No Cregagh estate Belfast his house cant be driven up to and he has to park around the corner i said to ask a neighbour to the carpark but he said there all old people that wouldnt let him.
He uses my house sometimes but needs somewhere close to his house.