Would like to believe it's a genuine mistake (and it seems it was!)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
All’s well that ends well.

Reminds me of a girl I was chasing in my uni days.

She gave me her number with a digit missing from the end (question mark in its place) to see how keen I was.

I wasn’t so keen that I would have potentially called 9 strangers in the end. Some hole from what I remember though...

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
How can it be fake hand writing if you can see the writing on the page?

It does definitely look like a womans hand writing though

Sorry, fake isn’t a great word. Disguised maybe, not a normal style of handwriting. It seems someone was watching and this note was a cover up con.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I was sitting in my car waiting for my missus last week at Sainsburys in a fairly empty car park.

Old couple in a new X3 with a towbar drove in, reversed into a space a few over from me and straight into the back of another car, a southern reg one. His facial expression was ooopppps. So he then drove out of the space and over to another one. Woman got out and off she went.

I waited.........the owner of the hit car came back. I got out and told him a car had hit him, he looked at it and their was just a mark where the towbar had hit, so he wasn't bothered, I then told him, he's sitting in the red x3 over there! Nothing like stirring!!!!! Again he wasn't bothered so he thanked me and left.

The neck on some people.......just drive away and act like it never happened !!!!

RubberLover

RMS Regular
I’d bet a bag of Percy Pigs that it’s a males handwriting. No female could ever write as badly as that!

davyk31

RMS Regular
So how was it a genuine mistake? Seems he left incorrect details but you found him through another means. He would still be avoiding it if you hadn't come on here which 99% of the population would not do.

Airhead

RMS Regular
OP
Airhead
Having spoken to him I believe he would have done his best to get in touch. Without going into too much detail, he wasn't driving the car and the inexperienced driver who was simply got his number wrong. It happens.

Airhead

RMS Regular
OP
Airhead
So, just to wrap this one up, the car is now fixed and paid for. I got Darren McClean (Auto Finish) in Carrick to sort it out - I've used him before and always been happy with his work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for this type of thing - a very skilled painter and a nice bloke too.

Joe has been more than helpful throughout the process - it could have been a very different experience dealing with someone else.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
If you type his number into google as 07786560001 there's a picture of him and everything. Radio or something?