Garage lift

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Some will require air, some will not.

Some of the scissor style use a double hydraulic ram setup so there's always a backup, but there are also manual locks you can use to prevent it going below a certain height.

But unless you sink them into the ground they'll all have some clearance issues for some cars especially if sills are low or side skirts etc.

Depending on level of work you'd be doing and access required....something like this doesnt look too bad, although would be mostly service/wheels off work because it would get in the way of other stuff.

Mobile Vehicle Scissor Lift POWERTEC PREP2 91773 | eBay
That looks good enough for me but a bit pricey.
TBH I'll not be under the car doing anything, just makes removing wheels etc a bit handier, that's it really

Jason

RMS Regular
28379350_1792666224090533_2646221121539108791_n.jpg

28056494_1792666210757201_5925263964419723890_n.jpg

28166995_1792666214090534_7705539260978925542_n.jpg

Great job, fast, stable and easy to move but going to bolt it to ground shortly.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
2 post is the only option I can see .granted they aren't for everyone (especially with reduced height).
They are cheaper than the above from what I can see as well...
I want one as it will allow one car up and another parked underneath.

Anyway actively on the lookout Anyone got any contacts?!

Jason

RMS Regular
2 post is the only option I can see .granted they aren't for everyone (especially with reduced height).
They are cheaper than the above from what I can see as well...
I want one as it will allow one car up and another parked underneath.

Anyway actively on the lookout Anyone got any contacts?!
Depends what you want to do, we've now both and for changing wheels, doing brakes, cleaning etc a scissor is more than amply for most.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
@redanni I've been looking at one for the new garage. A lot of youtubers use them (B is for Build, Mighty Car mods etc) and they all work under them without axel stands etc. I understand once they are fully extended they lock out some how to prevent it dropping on you.. although I'd still be using some.

If you get one post back otherwise once I get moved and free up the cash i'll post up and let you know what I think of it (y)

I'm still tempted with one too, it would work for my set up. Group buy perhaps?

martydumpvalve

RMS Regular
Drives
I8 and .....
Sorry to revive this but i am after a portable sissor lift to use around the yard for smaller jobs when the 2 post lift is being used. @jaslad would you mind coming over to see your sissor lift?

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
Give alan at down garage a call and he will sort you out. He has fitted loads and really knows his stuff.his number is 07711126788

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Sorry to revive this but i am after a portable sissor lift to use around the yard for smaller jobs when the 2 post lift is being used. @jaslad would you mind coming over to see your sissor lift?

I have the same one, it’s not really sort of thing you would wheel about handy...it literally weighs half a tonne. Great job though.