a-kem automotive

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Tried some of your products for the first time last week @Big Pimp

I got Snow foam, tar & glue and purge, they are all excellent.
Really liked the “thank you” email, nice to see the personal touch over and above what other companies provide.

Looking forward to gettting more from you soon. (y)

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Hand delivered in basically under 24 hours. Service is unbelievable!

Hybrid is scary nice to work with and smells unbelievable.

I just need to figure out how to get articulate to work think I may be diluting way too much

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Hand delivered in basically under 24 hours. Service is unbelievable!

Hybrid is scary nice to work with and smells unbelievable.

I just need to figure out how to get articulate to work think I may be diluting way too much

I usually dilute 80:1 but would go to about 60:1 or so in the winter months.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, around 80:1 give our take is plenty. Basically 75ml in a 5l sprayer, or 50ml in a 3l one.

You don't want it too "strong", it needs to soak into the dirt and not just sit on top. Same with the foam by the way.

Spray articulate straight on the car, purge on the wheels, then foam on top of the lot. Let it sit for a minute or so (don't let it dry) and then power hose off.

Finish with a bucket and schampoo, dry it (Ultragloss really helps), and then Hybrid. With Ultragloss you won't need Hybrid on every wash. Well, depending on ocd level of course 😇

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
Thanks for all the recommendations lads, purchased Laser last week and got to work with it on Saturday and it worked perfectly!

@Big Pimp cannot fault your service and the thank you email just adds that touch of class that a lot of companies could do with! As I mentioned, everything needed for car cleaning and other cleaning duties will be Anachem going forward!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another use of Lazer by the way...

If the car is really bad then spray on Lazer first and then articulate/foam on top as usual. Just helps remove any greasy/oily deposits, especially through winter. Basically does the job of solvents ("de-tar") but without any solvents at all.

Unless you actually have glue or similar stuck on the car there really is no need to use solvents....

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Another thing I noticed with some towels (not Ross') but if you use a cloth or towel for drying with a spray wax it will build up to the stage the towel is hydrophobic and won't absorb anything. So if using to buff wax or dry with spray wax, always wash it out well after. Not that this is your problem, just a tip..

I only use to dry after rinsing, but i'm guessing some products are getting on there anyway perhaps lingering in door shuts etc so that would be a good reason. ill try non bio hopefully that will sort it.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Ordered some interior bits and a bit of tyre dressing there, looking forward to trying it all :grinning:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Screenshot_20190701-224140_Gallery.jpg

If I'm found dead in the next few days, I've drank the Grape Scent :heart_eyes:

Walder

RMS Regular
Got my hands on my order last night.

I bought laser mainly to clean the house. It is fantastic I only gave the granite work top a very quick squirt and it was fantastic really brought out a deep colour and shine from it.

I have a feeling I may attack the rest of the house with it.....

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
First time trying out the products this weekend, will definitely be buying more (y) look forward to trying the Hybrid detailer next time.

^ black gloss deck lid came up great, had trouble with other products staining

Last edited:

eamon343

RMS Regular

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Used Purge for the first time today. I had been using Auto Finesse as I got it free in a valeting pack last year and was finding it a bit poor recently. Brilliant results once again from an Anachem product.
8C2A9EFB-8E6E-438D-80E9-5BF52298121A.jpeg
7F21F63F-6F79-4F2C-82C8-8B70075AA701.jpeg
4C2667D6-EC26-4B7D-879A-CDFB5D5E8886.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Question time, does less dilution reduce the effectiveness of the articulate / snow foam. It was mentioned somewhere above that it may not penetrate the dirt as effectively. I usually just lash a load in to a 5l sprayer and snow foam lance and dilute down but to be honest its probably twice or three times as concentrated as it probably should be because i couldnt be bothered working it out.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If the sprayer actually contains 5l of fluid then 70ml of Articuate will be more than plenty to do the job. That's not a lot!

Typically a "5l" sprayer only actually holds 3l of fluid, and a "7l" sprayer actually holds 5l. You can see on the gradings on the side how much fluid it actually holds. The rest is just marketing ballix....

Using more does no harm as such, just wastes product, and if it's very concentrated then it's a bit like syrup just sitting on top instead of soaking into the dirt.

At least that's what works for me, others may take a different view.

It's the same with snow foam - you need very little, and using more just wastes product. I still have the "old" foam so not sure what the dilution rate is on the "new" one but it will be on the side of the bottle.

By the way the "new" foam has been around for a long time now, lol, so that's the one you will have unless you hoarded in the early days like I did 😇

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
If the sprayer actually contains 5l of fluid then 70ml of Articuate will be more than plenty to do the job. That's not a lot!

Typically a "5l" sprayer only actually holds 3l of fluid, and a "7l" sprayer actually holds 5l. You can see on the gradings on the side how much fluid it actually holds. The rest is just marketing ballix....

Using more does no harm as such, just wastes product, and if it's very concentrated then it's a bit like syrup just sitting on top instead of soaking into the dirt.

At least that's what works for me, others may take a different view.

It's the same with snow foam - you need very little, and using more just wastes product. I still have the "old" foam so not sure what the dilution rate is on the "new" one but it will be on the side of the bottle.

By the way the "new" foam has been around for a long time now, lol, so that's the one you will have unless you hoarded in the early days like I did 😇
Snowfoam wont matter being too strong but Articulate ? It it ok to use "strong" ?

RevT

RMS Regular
Question time, does less dilution reduce the effectiveness of the articulate / snow foam. It was mentioned somewhere above that it may not penetrate the dirt as effectively. I usually just lash a load in to a 5l sprayer and snow foam lance and dilute down but to be honest its probably twice or three times as concentrated as it probably should be because i couldnt be bothered working it out.

I do the exact same Richie, definitely waste alot but I just can’t be bothered measuring it out either.