a-kem automotive

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Snowfoam wont matter being too strong but Articulate ? It it ok to use "strong" ?

It’s only usually left to dwell for a few minutes while I get the washer out and mix the snow foam up, then snow foam over the whole lot. Seems to strip any dirt right off and hasn’t caused any damage that I can tell. It just a waste of product

davyk31

RMS Regular
I bought some cheap plastic measuring containers from eBay and keep them in the garage. Was a set of 4 or 5 in increasing sizes for a few quid and great to measure out the Anachem stuff.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have just totally given up on the snow foam idea.my new lance is not working at all as the water is just trickling out the end like a garden hose yet when I put on the pressure lance it works perfectly .When it did sort of work the last time I used it ,it was hopeless tbh as the foam was far to watery and just run straight of the car .i couldnt get a proper foam no matter what I tried .just got a sprayer and used articulate instead but more carefully this time as the other night I used it and sprayed on and a neighbour started talking and I forgot about it and it dried in ,oh boy that wasn’t good .thankfully it was my van And not my good car as it would of been a disaster .

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I have just totally given up on the snow foam idea.my new lance is not working at all as the water is just trickling out the end like a garden hose yet when I put on the pressure lance it works perfectly .When it did sort of work the last time I used it ,it was hopeless tbh as the foam was far to watery and just run straight of the car .i couldnt get a proper foam no matter what I tried .just got a sprayer and used articulate instead but more carefully this time as the other night I used it and sprayed on and a neighbour started talking and I forgot about it and it dried in ,oh boy that wasn’t good .thankfully it was my van And not my good car as it would of been a disaster .
What power washer you using?
Is the lance new?
Have you tried mixing the snowfoam with hot water?
And you tried just putting near boiling water through the lance from the bottle to try and clean it if it isn’t new?

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Thinking of putting trim over my MR2’s vinyl roof to try and revive the colour a bit. Is this a good or totally bad idea?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What ratio is best for Articulate if used as a bug remover? I've found that the standard 80/1 isn't up to much at softening up little winged bаstards.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Works fine for me at standard rate, just spray on and power hose, bugs gone...

Try different dilutions and see what works for you.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What ratio is best for Articulate if used as a bug remover? I've found that the standard 80/1 isn't up to much at softening up little winged bаstards.
They get pretty well baked on with this sun. Could go down to 50:1

Probably nearer what my mix is as is easier lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp are the Anachem buckets going onto the website? I could do with replenishing my stocks of a few things and I also need a new bucket.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Looking at one of these for articulate, anyone know if there's any point in not getting the cheaper one? 😂
Screenshot_20190728-124256_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20190728-124235_Amazon Shopping.jpg

RoniN

RMS Regular

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I use a homebase 5litre one cost me about £11 for articulate and I use it daily with no issues.

I did exactly the same. Currently on offer at £3.50

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’m out of Articulate but ordering 1 thing seems a bit crap. In a nutshell can someone tell me how Hybrid differs from the likes of Ultragloss? Bear in mind I’m no detailer and all I do is wash it then finish with ultragloss.

Also, I know it gets great reviews on here but in what scenarios could I use Lazer? (Don’t say all!)

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'll use Ultragloss as the drying aid then will use Hybrid as a top up to my AutoGlym UHD wax after every 4th or 5th wash.

Ultragloss goes a lone way at a 10/1 mix, whereas Hybrid is the Q/D.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I’m out of Articulate but ordering 1 thing seems a bit crap. In a nutshell can someone tell me how Hybrid differs from the likes of Ultragloss? Bear in mind I’m no detailer and all I do is wash it then finish with ultragloss.

Also, I know it gets great reviews on here but in what scenarios could I use Lazer? (Don’t say all!)
Car needs to be cleaned and dry to use hybrid, spray it on the paintwork and spreading it on with a microfibres cloth, by the time you get round the car it’ll be ready to buff off with another cloth.

It’s a tougher longer lasting coating than the likes of ultra gloss, gives a deeper, better and longer lasting shine and beads like the cars waxed.

Lazer can be used to remove any form of oil/grease safely, engine bay cleaning, round diesel filler caps as they get grubby, basically anything like that

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Car needs to be cleaned and dry to use hybrid, spray it on the paintwork and spreading it on with a microfibres cloth, by the time you get round the car it’ll be ready to buff off with another cloth.

It’s a tougher longer lasting coating than the likes of ultra gloss, gives a deeper, better and longer lasting shine and beads like the cars waxed.

Lazer can be used to remove any form of oil/grease safely, engine bay cleaning, round diesel filler caps as they get grubby, basically anything like that

I don't usually let hybrid sit 🤔 I spray it on and buff it in then off not long after, but then I'm going round a mighty big wagon, I even do half panel at a time for the likes of the roof and bonnet as they're so big

Never noticed any hazing effects after to make me think it needs another pass with a micro fibre