Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

jonny.92

RMS Regular
That is a hateful bit of road. You from down round there?

No I'm Nutts Corner direction, I was down that way to lift the car after getting the paint. Literally less than a mile from the place!

That bridge and the bit after where the road narrows going past the farm are awful.

Yep, the sat nav always tries to take me another way but I avoid it because the road surface is terrible. The surface is grand this way, but you meet all the lunatics on it lol

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Apparently real, GLE 63 S hired for the day and the driver had turned off stability systems according to several motoring websites. Thought it was faked at first too.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I met this muppet on the road last night. I'd just picked the car up from having the front end sprayed too, could have been a disaster 😮

Tough visibility for both there, no doubt they were approaching too fast

Did you or they sound your horn? I cannot remember who taught me that but I find it useful on blind bridges like that as a warning method

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I bought a nextbase 612GW at the start of the week. It was half price in Halfords. It had a number of issues so I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone on here.
1) The picture is wobbly/wavy - according to NB this is due to diesel cars. Well it was installed in my silky smooth V6 petrol so I dont buy that excuse.
2) The ball on the mount is small and the arm is thin. Coupled with a heavy camera it shook a lot no matter how tight I put it. I ended up using Blutak to try to stabilise it.
3) The main reason I returned it - it wouldn’t connect to WiFi and the app kept crashing. Couldn’t download a single video file off it.

I picked up the replacement dash cam yesterday. It’s a nextbase 522gw. There was a deal with a half price rear camera so I paid £143 for both. There is a redesigned mount - it’s shorter and totally solid. And even though it’s not 4K like the 612GW, the picture looks better at 1440p. It needed a U3 card due to twin cameras, so I got a 128GB for £15 from Samsung.

It does picture in picture for the rear camera, and if you touch the small rear image, it becomes full screen, handy for checking behind.

36A5F904-DE30-4AD9-8631-AB94F5A2ED66.jpeg

CE825647-409A-4101-BF4D-B8D928493A89.jpeg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I have ‘Auto Power off’, set to off on my next base 522gw, when on WiFi direct downloading a clip the dash cam is powering off before the clip fully downloads therefore cancelling the download.
Any ideas as it’s getting very frustrating?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
No I'm Nutts Corner direction, I was down that way to lift the car after getting the paint. Literally less than a mile from the place!

Yep, the sat nav always tries to take me another way but I avoid it because the road surface is terrible. The surface is grand this way, but you meet all the lunatics on it lol
Guessing it's Terry's place, be far safer turning right out of his place and just keep going straight until you come to a T junction, then turn left, out into main Hillsborough Road then!

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Check out this absolute knob end from this morning heading out of Randalstown towards Portglenone.

I had to stop and lift big branches off the road. If a cyclist or motorcyclist had been coming the other way they could have been killed.

The whole Largy road was covered:
BC051271-F4CA-4D97-BFC9-02849117B676.png

58BBA693-02DD-441B-BC50-8A866F5B4630.png

brendy

RMS Regular
Check out this absolute knob end from this morning heading out of Randalstown towards Portglenone.

I had to stop and lift big branches off the road. If a cyclist or motorcyclist had been coming the other way they could have been killed.

View attachment 244562
View attachment 244563
Report them, you have footage and the plate.

richie_mck

RMS Regular

View attachment 244562
View attachment 244563

Similar happened to me but it was a car transporter and it was a newish ford people carrier ripping through the trees

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Furthermore to my last vid on people pulling out onto roads without acknowledging the people already on it.
I couldn't see the van so no way he seen me, thankfully for anyone who knows the ballynakelly road near coalisland and how dangerous it can be is why I was driving around 50mph.
Most other people would be well over the speed limit and a lot closer to this van.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Furthermore to my last vid on people pulling out onto roads without acknowledging the people already on it.
I couldn't see the van so no way he seen me, thankfully for anyone who knows the ballynakelly road near coalisland and how dangerous it can be is why I was driving around 50mph.
Most other people would be well over the speed limit and a lot closer to this van.

I'll balance it out with this lovely bit of driving. No panic my end, saw it coming before it's clear on the camera, down 2 gears and went about my day.

Loads of space and time (y)

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Stuck behind this driver during the torrential downpour earlier today, wasn’t sure if they were actuall drunk, incapable of driving in bad weather or can’t judge the size of the vehicle.
Had to flash a few times when they strayed over the white lines.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I'll balance it out with this lovely bit of driving. No panic my end, saw it coming before it's clear on the camera, down 2 gears and went about my day.

My mate lives up that road and it is an awful junction. In that guys defense you are Half out on the road before you can see up the way you came down.