Vectra SRi CDTi 150bhp

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Nice, much prefer the painted look. Brings it more up to date looking.

The chrome strip across the back getting the same treatment?

Xenons, xenons, xenons!!! (No pressure)

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Nice, much prefer the painted look. Brings it more up to date looking.

The chrome strip across the back getting the same treatment?

Xenons, xenons, xenons!!! (No pressure)
Backs already done mate. I bought one already painted of a guy who decided he wanted a black one instead lol.

I need to get a spare set of headlamps for you! Lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So I thought I could smell exhaust type fumes in the car over the past day or two. When I went to investigate what I thought was gonna be a split flexi, I discovered a rather steam engine like chuffing noise was coming from above the engine, rather than below.

Took me a few times of starting her up and turning her off again to discover where the exhaust smoke was coming from, but eventually I narrowed it down to the No.2 injector.

Quick run to Townparks Vauxhall and collected a few injector seals (technically copper washers), popped the injector out, cleaned it and fitted with new “seal”.

Nice quiet (as quiet as a diesel can be) running engine again.

5CCEEEC1-E52E-4A20-9639-BAAA5B6F146C.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So today I’m playing around with some gloss black wrap. Have to do something as the trims on the new door cards are silver compared to the dahs trims being titanium.

8BF79B70-0458-4E02-95AE-5C3D50DCF49C.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Looks well, they look handy to do.

I did the exact opposite in my Insignia. Wrapped the piano black trim satin silver.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So the big girl got a little oil and filter change today, as well as a new pollen filter. I also gave the air filter a bit of a shake and a Hoover. Don’t worry, I’m not being rash, it’s a pipercross “lifetime” panel filter lol. Should keep her ticking over for a while yet.

7BF27384-1995-4587-B3DD-4AF5774AD87D.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Couple more updates with the Vectra. I’ve finally finished my boot build. It won’t win any awards, but it’s tidy and functional.

9634AA46-7FD9-4A83-B469-B2FEEC1E3C02.jpeg

I also fitted a new set of wheels to the car today. Won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I like them and that’s all that matters.

BD07A37C-BD31-4CAE-9E09-6AFEAD4164A4.jpeg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Can’t make them out too well in that picture matey, another reason I don’t like black wheels but she’s definitely looking smart (y)

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Looks good, I don't mind black wheels.

They look like TSW hockenheim R or similar

Biggest downside of gloss black wheels are having to make sure your tyres are always well dressed. Can't be having your wheels blacker than your tyres.

colin84

RMS Regular
My friend just bought a black 2.0 petrol turbo with the XP kit and snowflakes, you may see it about. It goes surprisingly well.

Are you still selling it after doing all that work to it?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
My friend just bought a black 2.0 petrol turbo with the XP kit and snowflakes, you may see it about. It goes surprisingly well.

Are you still selling it after doing all that work to it?
My wife would like me to say no, I’m not selling it, but you guys know what I’m like lol. My problem is I get bored easily. I have the attention span of a . . . . . . . . Oooooooh shiney!!!!

To be honest, I haven’t got it listed anywhere anymore. I’m not going to get anything like decent money for it because it’s got high miles and let’s face it, not everyone likes Vectra’s lol.

When I did have it listed, I either got ridiculous low ball offers or offers of scrap cars as a swap. The few decentish cars I was offered as a swap I just didn’t click with when I test drove them. I was looking at mk4 golfs and other VAG’s that share the same platform, but I’ve already scratched that itch.

The only thing I would consider is a W202 Merc, a big Volvo of some description or what I’d really like is an Alfa Romeo! That’s an itch I’ve been dying to scratch lol.

The Vectra is serving me well, and I’m beginning to absorb my wife’s advice that I know what I have with this car. I know, as do the readers of this thread, what I’ve put into this car, and I guess to some degree I do realise I’d be mad to part with it.

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Couple more updates with the Vectra. I’ve finally finished my boot build. It won’t win any awards, but it’s tidy and functional.

View attachment 244532

I also fitted a new set of wheels to the car today. Won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I like them and that’s all that matters.

View attachment 244533
Looks like someone's nicked your wheel trims! 😱
Dont sell though Brian, you know it makes sense to keep something that goes on and on and on for not many pennies outlay.

Last edited: