Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Very silly question I know but I’m a bit confused. Golf is up for MOT 9th Sept so I’ve been trying to get a date next week as I’m off but can’t book it online as it’s over 28 days. Do I need to phone them or just wait unit closer to the time?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thursday/Friday earliest I could get was October. Refreshed this morning on got one for August 5th.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Mine better pass it’s re-test today or Ballymena test centre is getting wrecked! 🤣

Mot testers are gradually reaching the lows of traffic wardens.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Very silly question I know but I’m a bit confused. Golf is up for MOT 9th Sept so I’ve been trying to get a date next week as I’m off but can’t book it online as it’s over 28 days. Do I need to phone them or just wait unit closer to the time?

I assume this is your cars first MOT? If so, you can't book it unless within 28 days of due date.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Mot retest passed, drive straight through and collect your cert. 😎 confirmation the 1st guy I got was a grade A knob.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
See we now up to October for first available slots at some of the centres (e.g. Mallusk). Last week of Sept for most of the others.

But, hey, no leniency from the powers that be for people driving without an MOT.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
What's the deal here? Too many cars or have they sacked half their staff or....?

Mine is in January, maybe I should book it now fs:joy:

A few more test centres are required at this pace.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
I do have a set of real ones from the car, but I only run at shows. Forget to take them off half the time though and end up driving home most times lol

dddrrift

RMS Regular
booked one last night in ards for end of september, went on this morning and got one for tonight, easiest £5 iv ever saved.