what's your favorite motor sport

Sellatease

Drives
Mustang
I was so curious to get some answers about the motorsport you all like. I love F1 so much and I always make out time to watch it.i wanted to add another one to my list but I am not sure of anyone to add.

can you list your favorite motor sport below so I review it and see if I can add that to my favorite too. Thanks.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Aussie Supercars (used to be called the Aussie V8 Supercars). Your search may as well start and end there. I subscribe to their viewer thing on the official website which is fantastic. They live stream all qualifying and races as well as making them available on demand. Costs about £40 to watch the whole season which includes the Bathurst 1000. Best racing in motorsports at the moment.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Paddy_R bang on ! Best race series there is imho

Zero love for the BTCC so interesting to see a few seem to love it. I used to, you know back when it was proper cars 😆

Dan.86

RMS Regular
BTCC for me but I do love to watch GT3, Le Man, Aussie V8 and DTM when I can.

F1 doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
BTCC for me too. Returns this weekend after summer break at Snetterton + full live tv coverage on ITV4. Also watch European Le Mans series via their website, only got in to it because I know Wayne Boyd, local lad who's a race winner in the series. That's also one of the main reasons why I watch BTCC and the support races, to cheer on the local lads.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Maybe not "motorsport" in the usual sense of the word, but motoGP and IOM TT.
Four wheels it would be aussie V8 or maybe rallycross.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
BTCC, WRC and WEC (although admittedly only LeMans and Spa-Francochamps rounds).

I watch F1 now and again but races like last weekend's German GP are the exception rather than the rule. Most races are tedious most of the time.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I’d have time for most motorsports to be honest but my passion is for Rallying.

Enjoy the WRC to a certain extent especially this weekend with the Gravel Grand Prix being on in Finland.

But there is absolutely nothing like the sight, sound and smell of a properly driven rallycar on the door handles on a narrow bumpy bit of Irish Tarmac in the flesh getting grit in your teeth. So my first love is Irish Tarmac Rallying, I was at rallies before I could walk so I’ve just grown up with it. Everything from clubman rallying (I’m taking my 3 year old to the Dogleap rally today, his 6th rally) to the Irish Tarmac Rally Championship. I usually manage to get to around 15 rallies per year but I’ve been lucky enough to go to every round of the tarmac championship this year so I might hit 20 this year....next year I might go to every round of the Irish National championship.

I ****ing love standing on ditches in the rain.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Rallying of any form followed by BTCC.

Racing around circuits is incredibly boring to watch

Dayoneautomo

RMS Member
I’ve yet to find perfection, but the V8 Supercars comes close. That said, if it’s got an engine, and people are racing it, then i’ll probably be watching.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Nascar for me, have been to a couple of races and the atmosphere and noise were out of this world.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
was always btcc for me but the modern stuff has lost me love the goodwood historic stuff ect watch a good bit of the irish drift champion stuff now great events to be at

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don’t watch much motorsport tbh but the only motorsport I take part in is drag racing which I love.

Dragged my car several times now in Enniskillen (twice), Bishopscourt (before it closed) and Crail.

There is an event next month in Enniskillen which I’m looking forward too and also an event in October in Dublin.

It’s good craic, get to use my car for what it’s made for and enjoy getting to know like minded enthusiasts.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I don’t watch much motorsport tbh but the only motorsport I take part in is drag racing which I love.

Dragged my car several times now in Enniskillen (twice), Bishopscourt (before it closed) and Crail.

There is an event next month in Enniskillen which I’m looking forward too and also an event in October in Dublin.

It’s good craic, get to use my car for what it’s made for and enjoy getting to know like minded enthusiasts.

Yes, it was good to see that Audi spent billions studying steering geometry and developing suspension and fitted those lovely fat bottom steering wheels to make the hairpin at the end of the drag strip a pleasure when you’re turning round to come back to the start line at 5/6mph... 😂

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Drifting at the moment.... Formula D and the DMEC series..... though I also enjoy WRC and BTCC..... F1 has in my opinion become pedestrian........also enjoy rallycross but wouldn’t follow it too closely!