What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Picked this up today, Honda CB750 Nighthawk with another cb750 engine.
My 1979 Kawasaki KL250 A
957B87DA-117B-466C-BB33-7210745D728B.jpeg

The Honda
9532558D-8160-4D3A-87E2-6BC44E561667.jpeg

Dave..

RMS Regular
There is also a 1979 Yamaha XS250 but I forgot to take a picture.
All for sale at Bloomfield Auctions special sale.

AC

RMS Regular
Stared at it in the garage. Haven’t been out since the charity run from Dundonald. Anyone from the Ards area fancy a run down to Portaferry, get the ferry across to strangford and down to Newcastle early tomorrow (Sunday) morning for brekkie? @AndyG ?

Lee

RMS Regular
Not much happening in this thread these days!

The Triumph had a hard 340 miles today out with a 1000 Fireblade and two 1000 Fazers.

20190707_145458.jpg

20190707_145411.jpg

The Fireblade was bought with 500 miles on the clock and has now ticked over 60k.

The Fazer at the end of the row was bought with 7k and now on 76k.

20190707_223721.jpg

20190707_223523.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Mine needs a bit of work done before it can get MOTd 😂 annoyed at myself leaving it so long as the summer has been epic. Spending all my money on the car 🙈

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bought a set of panniers for the GS a while ago, and was reluctant to fit them as the panniers had no way of being secured to the rack. I asked the guy I got them off on eBay how he had them fitted and he just said that they slipped on to the frame and he was happy enough that they wouldn’t come off. Needless to say, I wasn’t.

There was clips on the rear of both boxes, but nothing for them to attach to, so I bent a couple of bits of round bar and welded them on to the rack. At least now they’re safely secured (thanks to the locking clips) and I know they won’t bounce off when I fit the rack over the next day or 3...

ECCAD468-A75E-4F80-9B62-4DE1A8B46358.jpeg

55F99046-0D2C-4B14-8FA4-018F621DD231.jpeg

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
That is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a GS.. Is the framework right for the boxes?

🤔

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That is the strangest thing I've ever seen on a GS.. Is the framework right for the boxes?

🤔

Krauser panniers, mounting brackets and frame, and then Hepco & Becker clamps... The frame is for an R1200 GS, but I’ll not be long modifying it ever so slightly to suit my 1150.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Changed the oil and filter in the GS. Never have I seen such a hateful bastid of a filter to change, and I’ve worked at a lot of different vehicles...

C1DB1A62-8CF7-4B40-BCBE-4A0CE8B38BE5.jpeg

The filter cup I had wouldn’t fit the bloody filter, so figured it maybe spin it off by knocking it round with a chisel/screwdriver, the old ignorant/rash as feck method, but no... The filter was stuck to the block like sh¡te to a blanket and given its location I had no choice but to get inventive, and with it being under the bike it made the decision to throw her on her side that bit easier. I made up a 3 legged socket style thing to sit inside 3 of the 6 holes in the head of the filter, so cut the arse out of it to gain access:

5473ECBA-E37C-4F42-8186-253586D34DB2.jpeg

C03E1F46-A5FB-42CD-8EC1-80694767CA5E.jpeg

Thankfully the new Bosch filter has a 30mm hex nut on the bottom, so I’ll order a couple of them and keep them to hand for the 3k mike oil change intervals she’ll now be getting.

FF1140FD-C5C8-4832-A121-6DB617542E22.jpeg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Nicky that's a few vehicles you own with PITA oil filters :grinning:

Quit. That other bastid is due another change in the next few weeks 🤦‍♂️

You are very inventive @Nicky

Love well thought out solutions to awkward jobs

That’s the silver lining to being a wee bit stubborn and thran... I don’t like anything beating me 😂

Done the fork oil and dust seals on the GS the other night too as 1 was weeping and I’m getting it ready for MOT. Easiest fork seals I’ve ever done as they just slide apart, remove and install seals, fill with oil and slide back together, thanks to the telelever suspension. Just the MPH stickers to put on the clocks and get the headlight set and that’s her...

F432249E-9318-4FC5-A43A-178938CC426D.jpeg

Reactions: Lee

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Got my new helmet delivered yesterday; I am usually a Shoei buyer but got a great deal on the C4 by Schuberth. My old Multitec by Shoei was not fitting properly anymore and you only have one noggin so thought best to get sorted sooner rather than later. Feel a bit 'dirty' buying German stuff when I prefer stuff from Japan :grinning:

Opted for the SC1A Bluetooth kit to be added to the helmet as the rest of the kit is preinstalled/built in from factory, so you just slide the module in one side and the battery into the other slot, pair your phone and sat nav and thats it. Pretty slick. The Shoei Neotec II has the same setup but no decent deals on these at the mo so opted for the C4 as the price comparison was a no brainer

First ride with it this morning and feels good. Wee bit heavier than the Shoei, the volume could be louder from the SC1A system as I wear earplugs when riding always have done. So a bit dissapointed with this and there are no settings to be able to increase volume anymore from the setup menus.

The visor is pretty big and great field of vision. Be interesting to see how it copes when the weather changes with regards to fogging as its got a pretty large pinlock visor in place again factory installed.

And the sungalss visor is a nice addition to modern helmets now. Even though i wear glasses fulltime and have reactions lenses, these do not work when the visor is down so this works well indeed as had a bit of sunshine on the m1 this morning and tested it out.

Seems to be a quality helmet and comes with 5 year guarantee whne you register it online. Venting seems a tad better than my old Shoei.

Opted for Gloss White, there was some nice designs in the range but for my flip up I do like a plain helmet and white is as good as any to be seen in by other road users. sorry for the generic pic below but this is pretty much it

C4_Glossy_White-45__95101.1500994151.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
all dirty oily stuff on the Dorsoduro before next weekends Scotland trip. oil changed, brake and clutch fluids changed,(what a pain in the hole the clutch was) and fitted a carbon front guard that a friend gave me for nothing.result

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Got my new helmet delivered yesterday; I am usually a Shoei buyer but got a great deal on the C4 by Schuberth. My old Multitec by Shoei was not fitting properly anymore and you only have one noggin so thought best to get sorted sooner rather than later. Feel a bit 'dirty' buying German stuff when I prefer stuff from Japan :grinning:

Opted for the SC1A Bluetooth kit to be added to the helmet as the rest of the kit is preinstalled/built in from factory, so you just slide the module in one side and the battery into the other slot, pair your phone and sat nav and thats it. Pretty slick. The Shoei Neotec II has the same setup but no decent deals on these at the mo so opted for the C4 as the price comparison was a no brainer

First ride with it this morning and feels good. Wee bit heavier than the Shoei, the volume could be louder from the SC1A system as I wear earplugs when riding always have done. So a bit dissapointed with this and there are no settings to be able to increase volume anymore from the setup menus.

The visor is pretty big and great field of vision. Be interesting to see how it copes when the weather changes with regards to fogging as its got a pretty large pinlock visor in place again factory installed.

And the sungalss visor is a nice addition to modern helmets now. Even though i wear glasses fulltime and have reactions lenses, these do not work when the visor is down so this works well indeed as had a bit of sunshine on the m1 this morning and tested it out.

Seems to be a quality helmet and comes with 5 year guarantee whne you register it online. Venting seems a tad better than my old Shoei.

Opted for Gloss White, there was some nice designs in the range but for my flip up I do like a plain helmet and white is as good as any to be seen in by other road users. sorry for the generic pic below but this is pretty much it

View attachment 246114

Infinity had those at £200 or so a few months ago when I went down and bought a load of gear. The chin strap was too far back and dug into my neck when my head was down a bit or I’d have been tempted by 1.