Scrap Cars

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
If your attitude is **** everyone, my opinion is the only one that matters. You're right, I wouldn't want to live next to you.

Excuse me for taking a bit of pride in my area and not wanting it to look like a scrap yard.

nothing wrong with pride in your area

an old neighbour off mine was actually pretty decent until she bought her council house and thought she owned the whole estate

some people are up there own holes

you don’t know what that person or family has went threw as long as you can have your pretty little house and things the way you want them

welcome to the real world things don’t always work out the way you want

you say your neighbour is ok to talk to ?

why don’t you ask would he like some help fixing them up instead off trying find out how you can move them

people like you move in next to a race track and complain about the noise every sunday

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Chris100 only asked a question. Some peoples attitudes on here when replying to people stink lately, there is no need for name calling. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to live beside a driveway full of run down cars however I can also see the side that people have their own reasons for things maybe being in that state.

Maybe try and have a bit of respect for each other on here and get back to the community that RMS used to be.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Dear me the man only asked a question.

I wouldn't want to live next to a house with scrap lying to waste at it either. No one else like being considerate to their neighbours?

exactly my point

did he ask the guy if he needed help ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
nothing wrong with pride in your area

an old neighbour off mine was actually pretty decent until she bought her council house and thought she owned the whole estate

some people are up there own holes

you don’t know what that person or family has went threw as long as you can have your pretty little house and things the way you want them

welcome to the real world things don’t always work out the way you want

you say your neighbour is ok to talk to ?

why don’t you ask would he like some help fixing them up instead off trying find out how you can move them

people like you move in next to a race track and complain about the noise every sunday

I have lived in this house for 20 years, so I haven't just moved somewhere not knowing what to expect.

There is no fixing these cars up. The bloke has a history of buying a car, running it into the ground and then buying another one to replace it. However instead of scrapping the car he no longer has any use for, he leaves it to rot in his driveway.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Dear me the man only asked a question.

I wouldn't want to live next to a house with scrap lying to waste at it either. No one else like being considerate to their neighbours?

Before you moved house you took up all available parking space from your neighbours. 🤣

Bryan

RMS Regular
To be fair you don’t know people’s circumstances and maybe they’re not physically or mentally able to get rid of them. A lot of us came from and still are working class and have grown up with this sort of thing, speaking personally here, so much so I use scrap metal to subsidise my income and only Iv commercial premises my house would have alot more ‘scrap’ around it. Saying that have you rapped their door, said hi and even asked about the cars saying you know a fella could clear them from their driveway ;)

There was a house near me that had an old Vauxhall Chevette and some kind of Ford in the driveway. Back at that time I was still young and interested in any old car like that no matter how far gone it was. I called at the house one day and was greeted by a very old lady. I asked her about the cars and what she planned to do with them and if they could be for sale. She told me that she just wanted to keep them so that on a sunny day she could go out and sit in them and remember all the times her and her husband used to go out for drives. I never pestered her again and she must have died recently because both cars have been removed and the house tidied up and rented. I didn't live that close that it annoyed me looking at them but I never thought about them in that way until then. Each to their own.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Surely we need pictures! Totally agree though, I wouldn't want to have to look at obvious scrap motors lying around.... At least my tat looks ok!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Jesusss, some people on this forum are complete d!ckheads like. the guy is only asking a simple question and for options he has about getting the eyesores removed.

i would speak to the neighbour and ask him what the plans are for them and advise him of @southsky sunrise and his handy services
What if the neighbour doesn't want you being a nosey c unit asking about his property?

j44nty

RMS Regular
I had 12 scrap BMW’s lying up the family farm yard for years. I loved having access to free parts. I keep the best parts car on my own driveway for years 😂. He is maybe doing the same. They make great chicken coups as the chicks can be dry and safe at night and if you fence them in properly the boot can make a great egg collection point. My wife drew the line at that idea and I phoned @southsky sunrise. This thread gave me a good laugh though cheers.

Edit: might be of some use if they are leaking fluids the environmental agency can issue a penalty for it. I feel like victor meldrew even typing that let alone actually doing it

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
@Chris100 only asked a question. Some peoples attitudes on here when replying to people stink lately, there is no need for name calling. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to live beside a driveway full of run down cars however I can also see the side that people have their own reasons for things maybe being in that state.

Maybe try and have a bit of respect for each other on here and get back to the community that RMS used to be.

I've only recently logged back in after being away from the forum for a couple of years, and agreed, some of the comments would never have passed back then.

Deleted member 13907

D
I’ve been on the other side of this myself. I bought an E36 coupe with big ideas. No sooner had I bought it than work got really busy and I never got looking near it. It sat for maybe 18months rotting away. At one point my neighbour (really nice wee gentleman who kept his house immaculate) asked me what I was doing with it. He didn’t complain about it or anything, but I sort of took it as a subtle hint and arranged to get it removed and get a few pounds back for it.