Porsche 997.2 PDK

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Very weird was admiring this car parked up and then noticed the thread. My brother in law lives across the street from you.

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
Very weird was admiring this car parked up and then noticed the thread. My brother in law lives across the street from you.

small world. I actually grew up in the house next door to yours. We moved out of number 1 in I think 1999

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Totally missed this thread, lovely car bud, I still can’t convince myself toward the pdk so my choices are so limited sadly, this, black and slate are the colours Im looking at, out of @130 gen 2 on pistonheads at the moment only 28 are manual! There are more turbos in manual which I’m now looking at 8o|

Health to enjoy

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
go drive a PDK, you'll be very surprised. I know i was anyway.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Totally missed this thread, lovely car bud, I still can’t convince myself toward the pdk so my choices are so limited sadly, this, black and slate are the colours Im looking at, out of @130 gen 2 on pistonheads at the moment only 28 are manual! There are more turbos in manual which I’m now looking at 8o|

Health to enjoy

If you're going Turbo, go PDK - they are verging on too quick for manual, which is why the 991 onwards were PDK only.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The ring is something I am dying to do but not brave enough to do it in my car so far I play to you for doing it in yours lol!

Agreed about McMillans, absolute gent. I'm sure he was a keen to hear your exhaust as you were lol

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
If you're going Turbo, go PDK - they are verging on too quick for manual, which is why the 991 onwards were PDK only.

I know your probably right but I’ll still probably go manual no matter what I buy, as daft as it seems I just like a gear stick, probably will try a pdk before I finally make up my mind though!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I know your probably right but I’ll still probably go manual no matter what I buy, as daft as it seems I just like a gear stick, probably will try a pdk before I finally make up my mind though!

Manuals are abundant in gen1 997 turbos. They are very rare and demand a huge premium in gen2.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Manuals are abundant in gen1 997 turbos. They are very rare and demand a huge premium in gen2.

Realise that, I’m after a 1.5 ideally if I even went the turbo route, I nice low mileage 4s or s would suit me fine as well, sorry op for spamming your thread 8-(

Last edited:

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
After owning the car for a few weeks id noticed the rear lights fogging up and starting to fill with water. Id rang the dealer in england and within days I was booked into porsche belfast to have two new rear lights fitted under warranty. never in a million years did i think they would stand over it, but hey, id rather not pay 700+ VAT per light from Porsche so chanced my arm. fantastic customer service from start to finish.

thumbnail_20190904_205023.jpg

decided to buy myself some 30mm H&R springs after reading reviews. These seem to lower it and keep the originality, which is exactly what I'm after.
I've gave the car over tonight to have them fitted. i'll get a 4 wheel alignment after and then save for my paddle wheel.

when in Porsche, I also ordered a new Carrera badge for the rear. i think it being debadged looks strange. ill fire it on anyway and if i prefer it removed ill take it off again.

thumbnail_20190904_204913.jpg

thumbnail_20190904_205010.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Every time I see that reg I think it’s says SH IT lol

Car is definitely not sh*t 👍🏼

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Good shout on re-badging it, you're right it does look a bit strange debadged.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Very nice dude, great driving cars, good to see you out enjoying it plenty 👍 and that plate lol

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
It will look great lowered - it transformed my old 997.2 C2.

15mm rear and 7mm front spacers will also help massively, gives them a great stance.

Looking forward to seeing it! :grinning:

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
got the car back and I am over the moon with the 30mm springs
if I had of bought coilovers, this is exactly how id have set the ride height.
i can't tell any real difference from stock which is exactly what i wanted, so win win.

I've also fitted the rear badge.

thumbnail_received_520868678473600.jpg

thumbnail_20190913_205519.jpg
thumbnail_20190913_204156.jpg

and one with a spoiler thats been gathering dust lol

thumbnail_20190913_211724.jpg