Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

This popped up on Facebook

Coming from Granville into dungannon

How they didn't hit anyone is beyond me. Would love to know what happend after the fella got out

I really hope you ( or whoever filmed it ) is reporting that to the police ? Even though undoubtedly there would be morons who'd give you **** for filming while driving. But whoever was driving that car needs the living **** kicked out of them.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I really hope you're reporting that to the police ? Even though undoubtedly there would be morons who'd give you **** for filming while driving. But whoever was driving that car needs the living **** kicked out of them.
He was caught just after the video stopped, think the car behind the man recording called the police and they got him were the recording ended. 4 times over the limit and just about fit to stand
The passenger side of his car is in bad shape and hit a few other cars also

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
apparently he was 4 times the limit. Absolutely shockin

Anyone know how the drink drive limit works, is it a normal linear scale?
As I understand it, drinking 1 pint brings you close to the limit, so would 4 pints make you 4 times the limit?

That driving looks far worse than someone who has had 4 pints.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
As I understand it, drinking 1 pint brings you close to the limit, so would 4 pints make you 4 times the limit?

Found this

1567763473593.png

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Its affected by numerous things such as..... Body size, have you eaten recently Inc what was eaten, You drinking history, your metabolism, how fast you were drinking, what you were drinking and the list goes on. Its oversimplified to say as one drink puts you close (it may even put you over) that four drinks will make you four times the limit. As you continue to drink your body will already be processing the first drinks you had though you can easily drink quicker than the body can process it as if you didn't you wouldn't end up drunk.

That graph is a very rough guide but nothing more than that.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
But will this guy get a heavier sentence than someone with 1 pint and barely scraping the limit, perfectly capable and having done no harm ?

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Sooo..........wasn't sure whether to post this or not but it really did put the sh@@ts up me two days ago when it happened and I have been properly shook by it.

Was driving home from dropping the littl'uns at school and was indicating to turn right off a pretty busy main road.

I heard that god awful noise of something breaking traction (which you can't hear in the video for some reason) and looked in my mirror to see a mid-size lorry getting all kinds of shapes and coming at me at speed.

I am a dozey turd at the best of times but i did try and pull into the oncoming traffic lane as much as I could as there was also a heavy looking article coming at me (who obviously saw what was happening and moved across as much as he could

I was pretty sure that was it to be honest.

Bear in mind, I am in a Clio and I was about to be sheared between 2 lorries.

I think the video says it all................I might have sworn :/

As I said, really put the nerves in me and if I had of had the girls in the back of the car I would have been worse.

Anyone who has seen it is telling me to show the police but I guess the guy did manage to miss me and I am thankful for that but it could have been much worse. I think it would have been an impact if i hadn't moved across that foot or so.

Freaked

J

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Enjoying my journey to work this morning, NSL Road at Glenavy I think it was and this t**t in the golf just stops, stops to let people across from the filter lane 😠
I actually couldn't believe he did that, there's been many an accident on this part too.
Needless to say the horn was pressed, that's when he brake checks me and his dog nearly rolls off the rear parcel shelf.
Even the car behind me overtook him while blaring the horn.

Bellend!! There’s so much of that these days, infuriates me. Splendid work in over taking him though.

MarkJ2293

RMS Regular
There is a like and share competition on my NI Accident Management Facebook page for a Dashcam fitted to you car, I’d love to see another RMS member win it. The comp runs until the end of October.

Let me know if the link below works

Cheers, Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: wes

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Sooo..........wasn't sure whether to post this or not but it really did put the sh@@ts up me two days ago when it happened and I have been properly shook by it.

Was driving home from dropping the littl'uns at school and was indicating to turn right off a pretty busy main road.

I heard that god awful noise of something breaking traction (which you can't hear in the video for some reason) and looked in my mirror to see a mid-size lorry getting all kinds of shapes and coming at me at speed.

I am a dozey turd at the best of times but i did try and pull into the oncoming traffic lane as much as I could as there was also a heavy looking article coming at me (who obviously saw what was happening and moved across as much as he could

As I said, really put the nerves in me and if I had of had the girls in the back of the car I would have been worse.

Anyone who has seen it is telling me to show the police but I guess the guy did manage to miss me and I am thankful for that but it could have been much worse. I think it would have been an impact if i hadn't moved across that foot or so.

Freaked

J

Close one. Your lucky other lorry was watching also. Least your ok and just shaken.
I thought it a James Gallagher aka the Strabaminal driving 😂 from the sound of your voice. Sorry had to say it lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So.....would any of you report it?

If that's on social media, the police should be ****ing embarrassed if they didnt be proactive about it.

If the blind incompetent **** in the lorry had hit you....very possibly it could have been fatal.

Report it.

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
I hear you...........and am obviously being too soft and not thinking of the other, worse scenarios.................will be reporting it

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
So.....would any of you report it?
If that's on social media, the police should be ****ing embarrassed if they didnt be proactive about it.

If the blind incompetent **** in the lorry had hit you....very possibly it could have been fatal.

Report it.
I hear you...........and am obviously being too soft and not thinking of the other, worse scenarios.................will be reporting it

It definitely was a close call, but given you came to a complete stop before indicating your intentions while the road ahead of you was clear then it's possible the driver coming up behind you had no idea what you were thinking of doing.

Fair play for him not ending up in the field, and tbh I think he was more interested in keeping from hitting the back of you than whatever his load may have been.

I'd brush it off as a possible lapse in judgement, and be thankful nothing collided

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Hmm, I had been indicating for ages buddy. You can hear the plinky-plonk for quite some time even over road noise.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Indicators on long before he stops, the engine and traffic drowns it, from somewhere around 30sec into the vid at least

big cyril

RMS Regular
Yeah, def one for the PSNI, saw a man killed in an accident years ago, very similar story where a lorry driver just didn’t stop and shunted a stationary car.

KevM

RMS Regular

Freaked

J

I had 2 non-fault accidents in the same car within a few hundred yards of both the start and end of that video.

First was before the right turn-off to the Temple at the start of your vid. On the long straight before you go down to the junction, I went to over-take a van and Lorry. As I passed the van, he took a notion of going by the lorry too. Tore the side out of me and nearly pushed me off the right hand side of the road.

Second was on the Clogher Rd you’d turned on to. It’s narrow. I met a bird in a Fiesta coming over the brow of the hill lit! I pulled in & stopped and watched and waited for the bang. She locked up (no ABS) and started screwing the lock on to attempt to turn away from me and it’s lucky she did!! She cleaned my mirror glass and put a rubber stripe the full length of my sill. The tyre hit the sill and bounced her away from a certain impact!