Twin turbo m5 engine

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
On the random chance the long reaching fingers of rms know anywhere with one?
I believe it’s shared with m6 and x5m. Engine only, a mates is rattling. It’s a 2012 car so whatever engine code that is or generation

Last edited:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I saw a badly smashed one being Broken lately on one of the local BMW breakers Facebook pages.

scub

Banned
painful..... would this not be close to financially writing the motor off by the time its bought & fitted (which I'm sure won't be easy or cheap)?? 🤔

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
painful..... would this not be close to financially writing the motor off by the time its bought & fitted (which I'm sure won't be easy or cheap)?? 🤔

He bought it rattling from Bmw, they offered a half price new in box engine with it too but he is just doing some looking about first. He will be able to fit it himself.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Damn your title, got my hopes up that this was an E60 twin turbo conversion type thread 🙄 best of luck anyway can't imagine either option being cheap

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
He bought it rattling from Bmw, they offered a half price new in box engine with it too but he is just doing some looking about first. He will be able to fit it himself.

I’m pretty sure it was Chris Coleman or Bru Ferris that where breaking one

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m pretty sure it was Chris Coleman or Bru Ferris that where breaking one

I follow both of them on Facebook and I’m pretty sure it was Bru, worth giving him a shout.

Reactions: IL