Audi MMI update. Need to go to dealership ?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Mel asked me if I could turn up the subwoofer in the boot of the 2017 s3. I can't find any way to do this in the audio settings. In the book it says you can, but I've looked in a few Audi forums and aparently it's an issue that has been on going for a few years.
Some have a control option, some don't.
Its been suggested that there is now an MMI update to "fix" (Not confirmed as I've got lost in the sea of Audi forums) but wondering should I just get an update anyway in the hope by now it's all sorted by Audi ? Would a dealer do it if i just drove up to Belfast Audi or would it need booked in ?

I see u can do it yourself by registering with Audi and downloading it onto an SD card etc but i"m not confident in case it messes something up. (Or have I nothing to worry about)
If someone else has the update on a card already, can it be loaded onto any car ?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Might be an issue with the FL but in my PFL I have full control of all my speakers including the sub from the MMI

Does yours have B&O?

I would phone Audi anyway and see if the car has any outstanding updates or recalls. This should be done FOC.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Might be an issue with the FL but in my PFL I have full control of all my speakers including the sub from the MMI

Does yours have B&O?

I would phone Audi anyway and see if the car has any outstanding updates or recalls. This should be done FOC.
It has B&O , and the subwoofer (haven't checked if there is any sound out of It but i assume all is working)
If you Google it , the Audi forums are full of the issue, but there seems to be no logic in which have to option and which don't.
Don't think its a fault as such, more of a slight software oversight.

When you say they should fix FOC , is a software update something they'd do while you wait do u think?
Not sure if its worth having to book it in.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Great experience with Belfast Audi today. Left it in at 10, they give me a lift home. Came and picked me up at 4.30.
All fixed (they did an MMi update). Also did a check off all the important bits like brakes , tyres and suspension and sent a video message. All very reassuring for Mel's peace of mind buying private.

@Boydie I was raging. They asked if i wanted a tea or coffee while I waited. I said no thanks (I don't drink either) but the woman beside me got a hot chocolate with mallows and a bun ! Must remember that for next time.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Adam I’m amazed they didn’t tell you that the brakes were on like 10% and needed changed immediately as it was a death trap but they could do you a special offer as they happened to just have a set at “only” £590 lol.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Adam I’m amazed they didn’t tell you that the brakes were on like 10% and needed changed immediately as it was a death trap but they could do you a special offer as they happened to just have a set at “only” £590 lol.
The air con needs serviced and the pollen filter needs changed aparently. No amount of free hot chocolate would warrent paying their quoted prices :laughing:
But they were decent enough considering we give them no money.

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Thread revival. Have similar issues myself. The mmi on my s1 keep crapping out on bluetooth streaming. The s1 is a 17 plate yet the wifes q3 which is a 14 plate works perfectly and is seemless. Asking on the forums it seems i need an update but it appears audi charge labour to do it. Im torn if its worth the money or not

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Thread revival. Have similar issues myself. The mmi on my s1 keep crapping out on bluetooth streaming. The s1 is a 17 plate yet the wifes q3 which is a 14 plate works perfectly and is seemless. Asking on the forums it seems i need an update but it appears audi charge labour to do it. Im torn if its worth the money or not
Is it out of warranty then ? Ring them and ask. They needed her car all day (dont know why) so it wont be something they'll do while u wait.

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
It is within Audi UK warranty still. Ill send them a message see what they say. Its ridiculous given her Q3 has the same mmi but works perfectly

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
It is within Audi UK warranty still. Ill send them a message see what they say. Its ridiculous given her Q3 has the same mmi but works perfectly
They left me home and picked me up that evening, updated software and give the car a check over too. All FOC (though they recommended a few things needing done at silly prices).