Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I bought the 400nm corded impact gun from Lidl a few months ago, only reason was it was on clearance down to £18.

I'm not that bothered about being cordless, I only use it in the garage.

Worked wonders on the 28 year old suspension bolts stripping down my Eunos.

Only subframe bolts have defeated it so far.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Called into the Connswater store yesterday for the first time and they had more tools than B&Q! Finally picked up a cordless soldering iron, they had about 800!

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Called into the Connswater store yesterday for the first time and they had more tools than B&Q! Finally picked up a cordless soldering iron, they had about 800!

the wee battery one ?
mines rubbish

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Guys anyone seen the power washers in stock anywhere.larne and Banbridge out of stock.is there any way to check stores availability .?

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Anyone got one of the wee £19.99 hammer drills?

It will do all I need for DIY purposes, however I'm not sure if this is a new safety design or if I got a dud.

Took the drill out of the box and thought it was weird that it wont spin up unless there is pressure applied. Immediately thought it was defective, but then thought that since its a hammer drill, its spring loaded and perhaps its a design feature for safety, so it spins up is pressure is applied. Great, but when removing the drill from the hole you've just drilled, it wont spin thus not removing swarf in the traditional way.

I'm still thinking defective drill, but was curious if anyone had another to know for certain before trekking back to Lidl.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
My hammer drills spin when removed from wall. Unless hammer only is engaged, and then they only hammer when pressure is applied.
But do hammer when set to hammer/drill is selected and the button squeezed.
I’m curious as to their big electric breaker beast. Were there any of those about?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Anyone got one of the wee £19.99 hammer drills?

It will do all I need for DIY purposes, however I'm not sure if this is a new safety design or if I got a dud.

Took the drill out of the box and thought it was weird that it wont spin up unless there is pressure applied. Immediately thought it was defective, but then thought that since its a hammer drill, its spring loaded and perhaps its a design feature for safety, so it spins up is pressure is applied. Great, but when removing the drill from the hole you've just drilled, it wont spin thus not removing swarf in the traditional way.

I'm still thinking defective drill, but was curious if anyone had another to know for certain before trekking back to Lidl.

I dont have a Lidl one, but I bought one from Screwfix (Titan) for not much more. I bought it for some dirty jobs and its fantastic, corded with hammer action. Keeps the Makita good 🤣

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
I dont have a Lidl one, but I bought one from Screwfix (Titan) for not much more. I bought it for some dirty jobs and its fantastic, corded with hammer action. Keeps the Makita good 🤣

I'll never need expensive tools for all I will ever be doing so this made sense. The way this only spins up if pressure is applied has thrown me though.

I got some screwfix own brand tools too (mitre saw etc. and they were great)

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
My hammer drills spin when removed from wall. Unless hammer only is engaged, and then they only hammer when pressure is applied.
But do hammer when set to hammer/drill is selected and the button squeezed.
I’m curious as to their big electric breaker beast. Were there any of those about?

The SDS? Yeah there was a few of them still knocking about on the shore road store.

Cheers, I know dads hammer spins up without pressure, I just thought this one was a bit odd and wasn't sure if technology had moved on. Ill double check tonight if it spins up in drill mode freely if not, think I'll take it back for a replacement.

bill

Banned
I was looking these from lidl are sons ceiling is coming down and lidl was selling these any lidl still got them so many nails to remove the plasterer is looking half a days work when the wife says she will do it. silly woman lol
71xCXs+q5ML._AC_U.jpg

kennymcg

RMS Regular
I was looking these from lidl are sons ceiling is coming down and lidl was selling these any lidl still got them so many nails to remove the plasterer is looking half a days work when the wife says she will do it. silly woman lol
View attachment 255832
Bill, what about a claw hammer? Either wail them in or trail them out! Maybe the back wouldn’t hold up to it..

bill

Banned
Its the wife with a claw hammer above her head i would need to up her life insurance. :grinning:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Where did Limavady store go? Has it moved or just demolished?

bill

Banned
View attachment 255832
Got a set today connswater has load of tools.