Final Trackskills Track Day of 2019, Sunday 3rd November.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
You aren’t afraid to push that wee Leon on Des! Have you much done to it? The towbar is a nice touch lol.
Thanks! She hasn't enough pace to install fear in me. A work colleague bought the car with 50k miles on it and converted it to gas. He kept it for a few years and then my wife bought it. The car started to get a bit rough lookin as it's rusty round the doors, bonnet and front wing so she got a fresher motor. I threw a few quid her way and held on to the Leon as I new its history and I had serviced it. She has just under 200k miles on it now, with most of it's live spend on gas so the engine is good and fresh.

It's a cupra 1.8t 180. It's got a cheap internet remap and I chopped the cat out of it, so maybe 200hp. The remap really help the midrange, but up top isn't special. I change up at about about 5500 rpm as she is fairly flat up above that, and only hold on to gears between bends to save changes. She can't stick with the civic In the picture attached on the straights, but was well able to pull him in on the corners. From the picture you will see I'm almost in his back seat coming out of the bends but he just edges out up the straight. Frustrating. I have a load of bits and bobs from other cars I have played with, so might try and fashion an intercooler upgrade before next time.

She was first out on track in October at kirkistown in the rain, basically just as I got it from my wife. Since then it's got ds3000 pads up front and some more grippy tyres. It's ment to be the "cheap Motorsport" car. I have a quattro that needs me to drop the engine back in and get on the track. It's a proper job with a cage etc, but on its first time out at kirkistown it had an oil surge issue and ate the bottom end. I rebuilt it and then I melted it tuning it on the road. So maybe 3rd time lucky.
the green one? it was hard on it. wee cheeky turbo in there.
That green mx5 was very supprising. It was fit and cornered real well. It must embarrass a lot of exotica.
the green one? it was hard on it. wee cheeky turbo in there.
That green mx5 was very supprising. It was fit and cornered real well. It must embarrass a lot of exotica.

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_185726.jpg
    IMG_20191105_185726.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 136

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I was doing all I could with what I had. Your M3 seems to handle like it's on rails, and doesn't hang about on the straights. Very well balanced.

You did something like a Scandinavian flick onto the hairpin once 😂.

It handles really well, @jagged Has built a very capable M3. Engine is standard bar a decat milltek and scorpion back box. Very easy to drive fast and very manageable at and beyond the limit

pablo

RMS Moderator
I remember you pushing me hard into colonial 1 Des lol. I was braking super early with F all grip you clearly had bigger stones than me lol.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
You did something like a Scandinavian flick onto the hairpin once 😂.

It handles really well, @jagged Has built a very capable M3. Engine is standard bar a decat milltek and scorpion back box. Very easy to drive fast and very manageable at and beyond the limit
Lol, yea I tried a bit of the Scandinavian flick a few times just to try and get the pig to turn in, it worked out a few times, and not so much others lol. All part of the fun.

What about the Volvo. It was about dead nuts even with the Leon. He was slightly fitter in a straight line, but brakes and corners worked out similar. I remember looking in the mirror for about 4 laps thinking "Fe*king Volvo is attached to me" I just could do nothing on him. It's great when you fall in with someone very even to yourself in pace. I like to watch their lines and see where I make and loose time on them, then try modifying my lines to improve.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
I remember you pushing me hard into colonial 1 Des lol. I was braking super early with F all grip you clearly had bigger stones than me lol.
Mmh, bigger stones or just more stupid? I reckon more stupid is a bit like more lightness, makes you faster, up to a point lol. Sorry Pablo, what where you piloting?

a4turbos

RMS Regular
Hi @Dieseldes ..! Steve from 16x here...you'll get the cryptic clue! Hope alls well....sorry to hear the Ur Q is still broke, i think that was the last time we were talking when you had it out and it expired after a while. Hopefully it sees the road soon.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
Hi @Dieseldes ..! Steve from 16x here...you'll get the cryptic clue! Hope alls well....sorry to hear the Ur Q is still broke, i think that was the last time we were talking when you had it out and it expired after a while. Hopefully it sees the road soon.
Hi Steve! It's been a while. Yea urq is still down, but I don't have much to do to get it running again, but time, and money are hard to find, especially now we have a wee girl to tend too. Have you anything in the stable for track days? Mighty crack!

Attachments

• IMG-20160716-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20160716-WA0004.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 137

a4turbos

RMS Regular
Hi Steve! It's been a while. Yea urq is still down, but I don't have much to do to get it running again, but time, and money are hard to find, especially now we have a wee girl to tend too. Have you anything in the stable for track days? Mighty crack!

Ah the joy of youngsters! We have 2 now and the particular avenue of pleasure in trackdays has a road closed sign up! I did have an s2000 for a few years and did a few Trackskills with it, great fun and fairly capable little car. It is long gone im afraid. I have an E92 M3 at the moment and its too nice to take on track....as much as i would love to! It would be very capable on the track with a brake upgrade.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
That quattro looks a weapon @Dieseldes ,
Just the mention of quattro , and i'm back watching the greatest of them all , Walter Rohrl on the Ulster rally in the first showing of the sport quattro !
mind blowing car , incredible driver .

Having said all that , you don't expect us to believe that your ur.quattro can be any quicker than the leon ! 🤭

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
That quattro looks a weapon @Dieseldes ,
Just the mention of quattro , and i'm back watching the greatest of them all , Walter Rohrl on the Ulster rally in the first showing of the sport quattro !
mind blowing car , incredible driver .

Having said all that , you don't expect us to believe that your ur.quattro can be any quicker than the leon ! 🤭
It's definitely not quicker than the Leon today, but maybe sometime in the next month's. Yea, it's the sound and brutal power that pushes my buttons with a urq.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular

Awesome video. Hottest brake award must goto the Volvo surely. He fitted a new set of ebc bluestuff pads at the start of the day. I wonder how they looked at the end of it. Definitely seemed to work well.

Dieseldes

RMS Regular
Can anyone read tyres. Odd question I know, but I have some odd tyre wear on the front passenger side front tyre. I normally expect the outside edge to be worn ,but this is in from that. It is a Yokohama intermediate at 25psi cold. A friend who has more experience of Motorsport rubber reckons his does the same when pushed on.

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_202044.jpg
    IMG_20191104_202044.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 123