Caught speeding in Scotland

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Points still go on the ghost, fine goes to the cops. Was that way 2 years ago, still believe it's the same. Did you get stopped or zapped with a camera?

Paul lagan

Drives
l200 jeep
Has anyone been caught speeding in Scotland? i hear they are stricter that back home :/

got caught speeding a few months back and wanna know what the expected outcome will be.

cheers
I was caught last week in carinryan pulled over and told i was doing 56 in a 30 and overtaking 2 cars on a wet night will this affect my northern Ireland driving licence

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
You will have to pay fines but points will go on a uk ghost license. If you get a ban, they will try to get it mirrored here but may not be possible.
If you are going to have to appear in court, do not expect any by-balls, the Dumfries & Galloway police and courts aren't fans of NI people rushing for boats. A mate of mine got a £5k fine for an overtaking incident but escaped a ban by the skin of his teeth.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
If you get a ban, they will try to get it mirrored here but may not be possible.

Any bans will 100% apply here whether they get it onto your NI licence or not. This also applies to the Isle of Man by the way. You could take the risk and drive but if stopped and they realise your disqualified you'll be in a lot of trouble... Your insurance would also be invalid.

As for points @FM155 is correct. They will create a 'ghost' licence for points to go onto. Again as this is a UK driving licence they should be disclosed to insurance companies but they again will be your decision.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The issue with points and bans on ghost licenses is that you have no proof of anything. You never see the ghost licence and never get anything from Swansea because the address on the ghost licence is Swansea. You don't even get a notice from the D&G police. As long as you pay the fine and keep your nose clean, that's the last you'll hear of it.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
The issue with points and bans on ghost licenses is that you have no proof of anything. You never see the ghost licence and never get anything from Swansea because the address on the ghost licence is Swansea. You don't even get a notice from the D&G police. As long as you pay the fine and keep your nose clean, that's the last you'll hear of it.

My wife drove for three years with 9 points won in Scotland placed on a 'ghost license'. The ghost licence thing was really handy as she frequently had to hire cars during that period and a few of the big rental companies wouldn't rent to you with six points or more. She's been back to zero points for a couple of years now.

Keeperlit1

Drives
BMW 840i
Did you not get any points on your license?
Got caught on my bike racing for the boat. Officer told me that they can’t put points on an (NI) licence but if I ever moved to Scotland my points would stand. Paid £100 in post direct to Glasgow High Sherif.