What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
C6B5296C-EF56-4839-A7E4-2482340DD8A4.png

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Funny, I from time to time hit the tuscan ads! Still love them and wouldn’t be as worried having owned one, need to be handy with the spanner’s though!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the 4.2 gave timing chain bother. There’s definitely something in my head that is an expensive fix on them. I also think the ore facelift A5 is terribly dated looking.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Nice what colour was yours ?

Mine was a griff, it was red and was a minter! History and condition are the main things with theses cars, engine rebuild on the earlier cars I’d preferred, prob looking at 8k for a full power or straight six rebuild with warranty!

Chassis would be getting on on now and possibly need addressed, again if it just out riggers that’s quite straightforward but a full chassis refurb and your off to England again, Gregg at torque flyte is the only guy to deal with them here, very nice guy.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I think the 4.2 gave timing chain bother. There’s definitely something in my head that is an expensive fix on them. I also think the ore facelift A5 is terribly dated looking.

Think the chain stretches and then it's an engine out job to replace it; I think the chain is at the back of the engine or something

Gambit

RMS Regular
at least with that s5 you'd have a warranty on it - just make sure timing chain if it goes goes within the warranty period:p supposedly the RS5 4.2 doesnt suffer the timing chain issue tho (y)

have watched the price on this fall from 20k...at this rate it'll be close to 15k to buy it which would be a bit of bargain imo

*awaitng* "needs wingbacks"

247636243.1920.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Those rs3 just don’t look anything special, being a hot hatch it’s a bit too boring imo.
That's my take on German hot hatchbacks, as a general rule.

But then I like Evos, Impreza and the new civic type Rs, so what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
That's my take on German hot hatchbacks, as a general rule.

But then I like Evos, Impreza and the new civic type Rs, so what do I know? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think Audi really missed a chance to make a proper hot hatch, it’s a great engine. How much more would it have cost them to go with a bit more aggressive kit and box arches etc? Instead the just made a 5 pot s3.

Spoilers etc are nice when you’re 17. I’d rather have something a bit more under rated.
That’s what the s3 is for.

Gambit

RMS Regular
How much more would it have cost them to go with a bit more aggressive kit and box arches etc? Instead the just made a 5 pot s3.
but it has different bumpers, wider arches, rear spoiler over the s3 - twin pipes out the rear & maybe wider rear arches would be the only thing missing

doesnt take a lot to make them look well

au-s3-2-sd11.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Wasn't translating into enough purchases and didn't like holding on to people's money! The FB post had 10k views at the time, 16k now but not enough biting.

Price may have been too high?
I thought the price was ok for the odds. If you need a quick sale, have you tried Hurst Car Buyer? They paid somewhere between trade and private values for the other halfs scirocco earlier this year. Was only in Hursts for around 30 mins and money was in a couple of hours later.