VW infotainment volume

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey all,

I know there a good number of people on here with mk7 or 7.5 Golfs so hopefully someone can give me a solution.

Does anyone else have the problem with the volume lowering itself and then going back to normal, it does this at random times and it doesn't matter if it's the radio or spotify you are listening to.

Cheers

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Should only do it when playing media I think, not radio.

Mine does it when playing the radio, it will do it several times on the drive to work which takes about 45mins to an hour. Its really annoying

markmeus

RMS Regular
Other than phone notifications when listening via bluetooth, the only other time mine would do that is in bumper to bumper traffic when the parking sensors are triggered

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Wife’s MK7.5 does this also
Had a software update last week but hasn’t cured it so will be going back to Philips to see what can be done to fix

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Wife’s MK7.5 does this also
Had a software update last week but hasn’t cured it so will be going back to Philips to see what can be done to fix

At least this confirms I'm not going mad

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
That's right, if its Spotify/Soundcloud/media it'll interrupt with a WhattsApp/Text, radio it wont.

Definitely something wrong then, as it does it just as often when the radio is the source.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
The infotainment system on the mk7.5's is absolute rubbish. Stupid pop ups coming up which takes your focus off the road, the volume lowering every time you start the car, Car-Net, Apple Maps not being compatible with the Virtual Cockpit etc etc. It really could have been much much better if they'd actually tested it.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Do you have Traffic updates (TPS) turned on? If you go into settings and check if it is turned on, you can also adjust the volume at which it plays. Traffic updates are usually every 45mins or 1 hour on Radio Ulster. I had to go in and turn it off competely as previously it was set to a real low volume and it would over ride whatever media I was listening to. Doesnt happen anymore as its been disabled.

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Still happening on my wife's Mk 7.5 software update did not work car was then left in and a new aerial fitted again made no difference
So will have to go back into the dealers to investigate further

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Do you have Traffic updates (TPS) turned on? If you go into settings and check if it is turned on, you can also adjust the volume at which it plays. Traffic updates are usually every 45mins or 1 hour on Radio Ulster. I had to go in and turn it off competely as previously it was set to a real low volume and it would over ride whatever media I was listening to. Doesnt happen anymore as its been disabled.

It's definitely not this, traffic updates are on but they come on at a specific volume I've set and when they are playing it also visually comes up with a message on screen.

This issue will just lower the volume for about 5-10 seconds with no message, it is completely random as well, will do it no matter what source is playing.

I don't really want to leave it to the dealership until it's a recognised fault and they have a fix for it, to hear it happen someone could literally have to sit in the car playing the radio all day, as it could do it within 5 minutes or it could take 3 hours.