Interesting people you have bought cars off or sold to

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Hooked up with a mate today who bought an M3 off a guy who was jailed for beating a woman. The same guy sold a classic Porsche to a Arab Sheik !

I bought my F355 off a previous operations manager of BAR Honda F1 team šŸŽ

I also remember a mate landing home with an absolutely mint Mazda 121 in 1998 with a Belfast addressed Jonathan Adair listed on the green logbook.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I bought my Ford 105e Anglia off one of the producers of things like Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Game of Thrones and some Ridley Scott films etc.

Never actually met him though, me and my dad just bought it through a friend of his.

56oval

RMS Regular
I sold my CSL to this absolute animal.

This man is a weapons grade c*nt. Iv'e had dealings with him in the past and it wasn't pleasant. Owned a company called VW relics and was absolutely raking it in. Gobsh*te with roid rage.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

Indeed. The international man of logistics...šŸ˜‚

ADED9CE3-9584-4467-9B5C-EC03A8ED7B10.jpeg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Had a Gsi Astra back in the day belonged to John Lyle who owned Ballyrobert Vauxhall, reg was J17LES or something to that effect

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Was selling a 350z about 10 years ago and got a call from a guy in Scotland, chatted away, he was happy to do a deal and said he could fly over and be with me in a few hours. I was sceptical........ asked his name....... Iain Duffus, had to ask and indeed he was only the TT and Dundrod winner one!

Met him the airport and he had a test drive around Dundrod šŸ˜‚

Paid cash and called his agent to arrange the boat home and left. Lovely guy.

I remember him telling me he suddenly just decided to stop racing while standing on the top step of the podium at Dundrod after losing his team mate, David Jefferies earlier that year.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Nothing in particular. Did have a deposit sent to me while buyer was in a submarine somewhere in the world. And told he will be in touch in the next few months as couldnā€™t predict when he would get shore leave. Did turn up 2 months later

Not a sale but had mike brewer message me about buying my dads 911 after I posted it on some Facebook owners group.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
And working air con.

I usually type "lol" but actually have a completely straight face. That's the first time in a long time that I've read something and genuinely burst out laughing.... LOL! :joy:

Wilseyvr6

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3 VR6
Hi, recenltly bought my corrado VR6 of Austin Frazer who owned it since 1996... any of you really men will know this was Bertie fishers co driver and Cathal Curley's co driver in the famous AUI 1500 reg Porsche 911! One of the lead organisers/founder of the Donegal International rally!