Drives
VW CC
Picking this up tomorrow..

Late 2015 VW CC
2.0TDI (184ps model)
6 Speed DSG
Discover Nav
Black Leather

Bit different from the GTI, but will at least get more than 200 miles to the tank lol

My first Diesel! (any recommended mods?)

260705059.1920.jpg
260705095.1920.jpg
260705190.1920.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice! Must be one of the last of that shape with the Discover Nav. I really loved ours but Mrs Lyons hated it!

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
Very nice! Must be one of the last of that shape with the Discover Nav. I really loved ours but Mrs Lyons hated it!

Was looking into it, apparently it was only the later 2015 and up ones that got discover (along with the newer EA288 engine)

jc7891

RMS Regular
After the emissions thing they put the gtd engine in them and the radio is usually the give away, if they have that, then it should also have the ability to have apple car play fitted to it. It will tell you to request a pin from the dealer but you will have to pay for it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nice, I do like these!

Mods, usualy, slight lowering, debadge the boot, remap the ECU and TCU

I am sure you can retrofit other parts from other models as well.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks great - these have aged really well; surprisingly spacious as well given they're coupe-y shape and the boot is enormous!

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
After the emissions thing they put the gtd engine in them and the radio is usually the give away, if they have that, then it should also have the ability to have apple car play fitted to it. It will tell you to request a pin from the dealer but you will have to pay for it.

It has the option for App-Connect, but it's not activated! (yet)

Nice, I do like these!

Mods, usualy, slight lowering, debadge the boot, remap the ECU and TCU

I am sure you can retrofit other parts from other models as well.

Debadge is happening, remap is likely...

It has the DCC suspension, which i'd like to keep, so I'd need to get KW's DCC kit, which is out of my price range for now!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
My parents have an identical car (but June 2016).

Nice cars, comfortable etc health to enjoy!

Any more info on how this is done?

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
My parents have an identical car (but June 2016).

Nice cars, comfortable etc health to enjoy!

Any more info on how this is done?

If you have the stereo the same as mine, £250 at VW and they'll activate it (some cars need the USB port swapped out too)

That price was from Boucher Road

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
just sold mine after having it 2.5 years....i think they are a great car...

i was getting 900 miles to a tank in mine but its was the Bluemotion 140ps manual...DCC is a great job, i also had the autopark feature.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

i was getting 900 miles to a tank in mine but its was the Bluemotion 140ps manual...DCC is a great job, i also had the autopark feature.

Auto park is great, I’m going to wreck all round me when trying to park again in a normal car lol

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini

900 miles to a tank! What's the capacity on them?

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Auto park is great, I’m going to wreck all round me when trying to park again in a normal car lol

I was really surprised how well it works, especially for parallel parking if your not confident, i was told you only need 40cm front and back which is tight enough, id be surprised if you could park better/quicker as consistently.

900 miles to a tank! What's the capacity on them?
70 liter tank in them, i would also be a fairly careful driver (hypermiler) and was getting high 50's to low 60's to the gallon on a full tank (calculated not read from the trip computer) on mostly hilly A & B roads....i have no doubt doing motorway miles i could get 1000 mile to a tank easily

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
70 liter tank in them, i would also be a fairly careful driver (hypermiler) and was getting high 50's to low 60's to the gallon on a full tank (calculated not read from the trip computer) on mostly hilly A & B roads....i have no doubt doing motorway miles i could get 1000 mile to a tank easily

I'm just hoping for more than the 250 miles I got from the GTI :sweat:

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
I'm just hoping for more than the 250 miles I got from the GTI :sweat:

With the higher power and DSG box id expect MPG in around the high 40's to low 50's so should be good for over 700 miles per tank.