What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Hoping this gets to 30k lol

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Damn it, there goes my long term plan to get one! What's the issue, exhaust in the way just?

Im not too sure tbh, I just know VW never got them certified to tow, i would guess it is probably something like that

Dave..

RMS Regular
Im not too sure tbh, I just know VW never got them certified to tow, i would guess it is probably something like that
This, I asked about a towbar for my R and was told no by VW but a few weeks later I saw an r towing a trailer in Portadown.
There was a video on youtube USA that showed you how to fit a towbar.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
This, I asked about a towbar for my R and was told no by VW but a few weeks later I saw an r towing a trailer in Portadown.
There was a video on youtube USA that showed you how to fit a towbar.

I remember reading about it a while ago and iirc the golf estate tow bar fits it but because it never came from the factory with a weight limit your legally not allowed to tow

Dave..

RMS Regular
I remember reading about it a while ago and iirc the golf estate tow bar fits it but because it never came from the factory with a weight limit your legally not allowed to tow
Its all down to, be legal or not legal and hope you don`t have a problem, plus if you have pcp on the car what happens when you hand it back, even if you remove the towbar there will still be fitting holes etc. Not worth it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Hoping this gets to 30k lol

Was talking to the guys about this. The car was purchased from the US new when it was built for the AUS market, hence the RHD. Cool car for sure, will be a nightmare to shift no doubt :worried:

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
I've so much want now for another JCW mini, and this popped up 8o| anyone know it? I've had the GTI golf a good 9 months now, bound to be time to change

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 18.06.14.png

Sonny

RMS Photographer

Sonny

RMS Photographer
What do I need to look/listen for. My minis were the R52 works or a good old 998 Mayfair

The exhaust. :cool:

TBH I don't think there are any common problems with them from being on a few of the owners groups.

Paint is soft but what isn't these days. Mine had to get an oil level sensor replaced along with another bit I can't remember the name of, done under warranty and no other issues at all in 9-10k miles the last 14 months.