Rate your Products.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Lots of rubbish about cause every ballbag and there uncle has seen it as a money maker with how detailing has grew. Mostly clever marketing and rebranding
The amount of products that come and go out of fashion is unreal. It’s like auto smart stuff, when’s it ever mentioned now yet it was the most popular for a while.
I would still use a few auto smart things, there smart wheels, shampoo and g101.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Glimmerman Wheel Cleaner is superb, diluted correctly, and acid free it’s my go to wheel cleaner.......

The new Autosmart Aqua Seal Pro is another great product for this time of year as a lance based sealant, and with a dilution ratio of 1:40 a little goes a very long way

I still love my Autosmart stuff despite trying many other manufacturers Tardis , G101,Ultramousse, Finish being some of their stand out products

Im a bit of a product whore and enjoy testing / trying ranges of products en masse..... Gyeon, Orchard, Angelwax, EZ being some of the more recent

Next up should be Dark Matter, will get some and then try a post some pics/reviews and add to this thread more fully than just a quick post

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Ill construct a proper lengthy reply to this when I have the time over the weekend. As there is so much misunderstanding to what a coating does, how its maintained, how the environment the car is in, the products used on top or during washes etc and ill include a few diagrams that explain it.

If your using carnauba etc based detail sprays for example this will have a massive negative effect on water behaviour (which is what's provided by EXO, not the ceramic, ceramics sheet water) as the wax base then becomes your sacrificial layer and clogs the EXO simultaneously.

As for swirls, we will answer that too as different types of ceramic address it in a different way. They will massivley reduce the rate of defects reappearing, provided you wash the car properly. The one consistant comment we get when doing our care for your ceramic days is that those that attend realise they arent washing their car with the correct technique.

I will create a proper guide on how to wash a car. This is something we recommend everyone learns as it is the very foundation of caring for your cars cosmetic appearance.

As I say I will answer this in detail properly.

@jshek007 we can sort that next week for you :grinning:

I

Pete, are you planning to run anymore of the maintenance workshops, I missed the last one and would be really keen to attend if you ran another one.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
I’ll have to get round to doing some reviews, I’ve tried most things.

This is my ‘tidy’ stuff I have about 3 boxes of microfibres and about the same again in cleaning products in my shed not organised. I have issues lol

416D5BB0-4913-4082-9B2C-E68F139584CE.jpeg

Bought this as a quick fix recently. Utter tripe!! Needed nearly a full bottle to shift very little dirt on wheels and sills.
View attachment 265240

Yes bought this too when I was stuck and have to agree. As you can see in my photo above, it’s now filled with Red 7 though lol.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I’ll have to get round to doing some reviews, I’ve tried most things.

This is my ‘tidy’ stuff I have about 3 boxes of microfibres and about the same again in cleaning products in my shed not organised. I have issues lol

View attachment 265476
You arent alone. I think @brocks has a good set up, and I know @MA77Y has a lot of stuff.
I had mine in a shelving system but found it awkward finding what i was after so moved it all into a trolly. Hasn't solved the problem but I can now move it about to make room around the car in the garage.
IMG_20200112_211535_639.jpg

This was @Mel stuff I organised in her old garage, which all got combined with mine. Think I put a thread up . . https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/how-would-you-organise-your-car-cleaning-stuff.211058/
IMG_20190112_150717_495.jpg

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I might throw a picture up later seeing the above doesn't make me feel so bad 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Sonax BSD (Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer) - Used as a drying aid

Ease of use - 7.5/10
Value for money - 8/10
Durability - 7/10

Comments
The internet's favorite spray sealant, wax, drying aid, multi use product.

It's well worth having in your detailing arsenal, whether you are a fastidious car cleaner or not.

It's a product that's easy to apply, adds a level of gloss and water beading properties to the paint work for minimal outlay (money or time).

In the video above, I used it as a drying aid. Halving the price of the product in a 1:1 dilution.

Negatives are its a tacky product, lessened slightly when diluted. I'd suggest a separate towel to your usual drying towel.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Turtle Wax Sealant Hydrophobic Wax / Ice Seal N Shine

Ease of use - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Durability - 6.5/10

Comments
A spray on, buff off product from Turtle Wax.

I think it provides a deeper gloss than Sonax BSD, nor does it have the tackiness of BSD

It smells like your first aftershave (not in a good way).

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Sonax BSD (Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer) - Used as a drying aid

Ease of use - 8/10
Value for money - 8/10
Durability - 6/10

Comments
The internet's favorite spray sealant, wax, drying aid, multi use product.

It's well worth having in your detailing arsenal, whether you are a fastidious car cleaner or not.

It's a product that's easy to apply, adds a level of gloss and water beading properties to the paint work for minimal outlay (money or time).

In the video above, I used it as a drying aid. Halving the price of the product in a 1:1 dilution.

Negatives are its a tacky product, lessened slightly when diluted. I'd suggest a separate towel to your usual drying towel.

Easily my favourite product. As you say, can be quite thick but I use it as a drying aid so it waters it down. And definitely use a cloth rather than a drying towel as it'll waterproof it.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Turtle Wax Dry & Shine Rinse Wax

Ease of use - 9.5/10
Value for money - 7/10
Durability - 6/10

Comments
Shy of jumping out of the bottle and onto the paintwork, it couldn't be easier to use. Spray on, leave, rinse.

Similar to the other Turtle Wax products, it does provide a good gloss to the paint work.

I don't find it that dirt repellent or massively durable. Hard to tell in this poor winter weather.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
3M Glass Cleaner

Ease of use - 9/10
Value for money - 8/10
Durability - 7/10

Comments
My go to glass cleaner, used after every wash. This adds a little water repellancy on bare glass, works with most glass coatings and prevents water spots.

Spray on, spread over the glass and buff off, easy!

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Turtle Wax Sealant Hydrophobic Wax / Ice Seal N Shine

Ease of use - 8/10
Value for money - 7/10
Durability - 6.5/10

Comments
A spray on, buff off product from Turtle Wax.

I think it provides a deeper gloss than Sonax BSD, nor does it have the tackiness of BSD

It smells like your first aftershave (not in a good way).

I noticed this and another Turtlewax product, that i cant remember the name of, are getting great reviews on Detailing world. Must have upped their game.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
3M Glass Cleaner

Ease of use - 9/10
Value for money - 8/10
Durability - 7/10

Comments
My go to glass cleaner, used after every wash. This adds a little water repellancy on bare glass, works with most glass coatings and prevents water spots.

Spray on, spread over the glass and buff off, easy!

I like a laugh at myself every now and then so here goes

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I recently bought and tried auto fanatic wheel cleaning foam, probably an 8/10.

you need to pair it with a foam sprayer to make the product foam, it seems to dwell quite well on the wheel and reduces the need for scrubbing the wheels.

I’m really interested to hear any tips for cleaning and maintaining satin black wheels, they are breaking my heart trying to keep them looking good.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Dark Matter Aqua Block

20200221_185627.jpg

Picked this up from @Davey@Procar a few weeks ago and now used it on a few vehicles.

Value for money - 9 (nearly half the price of more 'premium' brands)
Ease of application - 9 (spray, spread, leave for a few minutes then buff off)
Durability - too soon to say, will update in a few weeks

I was in the market for a replacement to GTechniq C2V3 and was tempted to go to CarPro Reload, but after Davey's advice, I went for this instead. My only real complaint about it is the spray nozzle. I've swapped it to the GTechniq nozzle and it's perfect now.

My brothers partner left her Leon with me to get a clean so i washed, decontaminated and machine polished the bonnet to ensure the best surface to apply it onto, so I'll see the car again in a few weeks and see how it's held up.

20200221_194146.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Dark Matter Aqua Block

View attachment 268364

Picked this up from @Davey@Procar a few weeks ago and now used it on a few vehicles.

Value for money - 9 (nearly half the price of more 'premium' brands)
Ease of application - 9 (spray, spread, leave for a few minutes then buff off)
Durability - too soon to say, will update in a few weeks

I was in the market for a replacement to GTechniq C2V3 and was tempted to go to CarPro Reload, but after Davey's advice, I went for this instead. My only real complaint about it is the spray nozzle. I've swapped it to the GTechniq nozzle and it's perfect now.

My brothers partner left her Leon with me to get a clean so i washed, decontaminated and machine polished the bonnet to ensure the best surface to apply it onto, so I'll see the car again in a few weeks and see how it's held up.

View attachment 268366
What sort of product is it ? Quick detailer ? Sealant ? Spray wax ?