BMW i8 On Test

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - German manufacturer BMW have always produced highly exciting vehicles from their 'M Division' so it is with no surprise that their i8 from 'Project i' is nothing short of electrifying. With the looks of a concept car you would expect to see for the first time at the Geneva motor show... Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Keep thinking they'd be a nice used buy, but can't help suspect the novelty of the looks would wear off and I'd long for something more raw and noisey.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Keep thinking they'd be a nice used buy, but can't help suspect the novelty of the looks would wear off and I'd long for something more raw and noisey.
It begs the question of, "is there a noisy system available for the petrol engine?"

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
They certainly take a hefty hit on depreciation in the first year - JKC have a lovely 2019 grey Roadster for less than 70k. Yes no substitute for a v10, but I think the i8 would be a better car from a passenger perspective and generally a bit more relaxing on the long holiday runs.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
They have a habit of lunching their engines apparently. Not surprising really when you think of someone wafting along on electric power, then gun it down a slip road and the highly strung engine fires up from cold to full throttle.

Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6
Always wondered were the i8 sat in terms of it being a sports car or a hybrid maybe both a hybrid sports car? But 125k is a lot of money and there is alot of choice for that amount.