Non fault accident

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Guys my daughter has just got her insurance renewal through the door and the renewal is almost doubled this year from £800 to £1500 .she has 2 yrs no claims but a council lorry reversed into her a couple of months ago and it’s still not settled .they admitted it to both insurance and Police.at the time .why is her policy doubled through non fault .can she claim the extra cost back or can she change companies .

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I was told may years ago I was getting shafted because it was unsettled so they take worst case, in other words they are quoting for her being at fault. I was also told I could claim back any difference once settled, never seen a penny.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
It's not settled. That's the reason. And when it is her premium will still be affected, because insurance company logic says if you are involved in an 'accident' that isn't your fault you're more likely to be involved in another.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
It's not settled. That's the reason. And when it is her premium will still be affected, because insurance company logic says if you are involved in an 'accident' that isn't your fault you're more likely to be involved in another.
Wonderful that is ,I expected nothing less tbh

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
As above, even though non fault own insurer is out of pocket so until they get their money back insurance is affected.
The difference in the premium should be paid back when insurer have finally recovered their losses. If they do not reimburse then go to insurance ombudsman.
Has the insurance excess been paid? In these situations of unreasonable delay I normally write to my clients own insurer and tell them that I am issuing proceedings, they will normally ask me to include their losses too.
These situations becoming less common as clients usually asking me to do whatever I can to keep it away from their own insurer so that premiums not affected.
Any questions just ask!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Guys my daughter has just got her insurance renewal through the door and the renewal is almost doubled this year from £800 to £1500 .she has 2 yrs no claims but a council lorry reversed into her a couple of months ago and it’s still not settled .they admitted it to both insurance and Police.at the time .why is her policy doubled through non fault .can she claim the extra cost back or can she change companies .

Because insurance companies are ****s.