What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
i think thats close to being a good thing , as suggested a bit more shove would be desireable, saying that you'd only be able to judge it after a drive.
i spoke to a man years ago who was telling me about his westfield or caterham car (i cant recall which) i asked about what engine was in it : a 1400cc k series.; having read way too much Cars and car conversions I presumed that youd 'need ' 2l red top as a minimum ,but his opinion was that in a car of that weight that was plenty, so its easy to be judgemental and scoff at the 1.8 sierra power, but maybe its ample.
A 1400cc k series is enough 😂

My last fun car was a Caterham 620 with a 310bhp supercharged duratec, that was fine but really 200-250hp in one is enough.

310bhp 5 speed was fast
DSC_0060.JPG

210bhp close ratio 6 speed was more fun
20140831_105157.jpg

210bhp 5 speed was a bit parp
DSC_0143.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Mike what was your quickest lap time at kirkistown

1.06 I think but that was with an 80kg passenger (+2 seconds) and the windscreen (+1 second) and me driving at 90% particularly Conservative braking (+2 seconds). Maybe not as much as that but 3-4 seconds less is possible.

Last edited:

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
A 1400cc k series is enough 😂

My last fun car was a Caterham 620 with a 310bhp supercharged duratec, that was fine but really 200-250hp in one is enough.

310bhp 5 speed was fast
View attachment 279871

210bhp close ratio 6 speed was more fun
View attachment 279879

210bhp 5 speed was a bit parp
View attachment 279881

ok, ok, your right i knew more is better!

those look cool , and in fairness i imagine theyre also more than the 5k kit car too.. . . .

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Kind of annoyed to see this but not surprised to be honest - people who enter these raffles need to understand that there is a chance of winning so their second thought should be, "can I afford it?"

Easy money to make if you win to sell it on but it takes away the experience of the opportunity of "rafflers" to potentially win their dream car and keep it

Me personally, I entered and I am sure a lot on here did and I would also think that the vast majority, if not all, would have kept it for at least a while.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Kind of annoyed to see this but not surprised to be honest - people who enter these raffles need to understand that there is a chance of winning so their second thought should be, "can I afford it?"

Easy money to make if you win to sell it on but it takes away the experience of the opportunity of "rafflers" to potentially win their dream car and keep it

Me personally, I entered and I am sure a lot on here did and I would also think that the vast majority, if not all, would have kept it for at least a while.
It's a raffle, whoever won it has as good a chance as anyone who entered. You've got to realise too - it could have been won by an 18 year old who had absolutely no chance in hell of affording to insure it, or fuelling it for a week. For someone in that position - a wee £60k/£70k cash injection will go a long way.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Bit naive to think that way, many will be entering that just to get it and sell on, even if you get bottom book it’s probably still £50k. Or someone like me who would sell it straight away for a 911 turbo:p

I'm nearly sure this was up yesterday for £15995?

Anyone know anything about ilex car sales? Or about RS5s? Tempted by one.
@Eager mates had a nice one for sale, not sure if it sold

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Did someone on here not say they'd bought this? Ad is live from 22 hours ago.

yea I bought this 2 weeks ago....
Few nice cars in his stock still inc a lovely RS6
Is always strange when dealers don’t advertise all the stuff you would if you did a private sale...
Was no mention that it actually had a Full
BMW SH, most of the optional extras inc Nav etc

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

That's precisely the reason I didn't enter that competition, I have nowhere to keep it and if I'm honest, it wouldn't interest me. But I get your point, I've seen some cars I would like for myself only to be won and sold the next day. I guess in the end it's their car and they can do what they want, doesn't make it any less irritating.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

I didnt enter myself, but when I seen it all I thought of was M3 for me X5 for her and a decent mortgage deposit. I wouldnt have even bothered to try and insure it for a few weeks driving.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I didnt enter myself, but when I seen it all I thought of was M3 for me X5 for her and a decent mortgage deposit. I wouldnt have even bothered to try and insure it for a few weeks driving.
Exactly, would have sold it on as well. And pay off a chunk of the mortgage. It’s just a glorified Audi anyway.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
With that you could miss driving full stop when it inevitably breaks :p
Your right. 760s are more reliable :monkey:
Will be interesting to see what this ends at
FE674775-D9A3-405A-9261-8F3F9AD19B5E.png