Bmw e36 m3 advice

jayk

RMS Regular
Need a abit of advice on 1994 bmw m3, it's daytona violet, 120k, owner has it 8years and hasn't moved 400mile back and forth from garage during that time.
It has no history only receipts during his time of ownership.
Would it be worth buying? And at what price would you realistically price it at?
Without history etc needs abit of paint front/rear bumpers, bonnet, drivers rear quarter. Wheels need refurbished.

Thanks any input is appreciated.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
If it’s solid and straight get it bought! If you don’t want it I do! Lol
With no history and that mileage it would be worth a few grand only
3.0? 5 speed?

jayk

RMS Regular
OP
jayk
3.0? 5 speed?

Yes all solid, it's 3.0 5speed. Would you say £5-8k

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
It’s hard to tell without seeing it but it’s always going to be worth ALOT less than even a high mileage car that has a full history. I would probably say 5-6 but there isn’t a lot of them for sale to compare and most that are for sale are well overpriced and don’t sell

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
3.0? 5 speed?
Think it would be worth more than a few grand tbh. Sure 328i sports are making more than that ! it would still be a steal at 5 or 6 k ! id have it myself at that money Daytona violet is one of my Fav colours

jayk

RMS Regular
OP
jayk
I agree with you, I can't find any to compare at all. Taking into consideration it needs paint, major service and whatever else, am I taking a huge risk with it?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I agree with you, I can't find any to compare at all. Taking into consideration it needs paint, major service and whatever else, am I taking a huge risk with it?
Definitely a risk with that but if your buying it to keep and drive then work away. If your buying it thinking it’ll be an investment or worth a lot more down the line I’d let it go.
There is a lovely low mileage Black all original car for sale atm and it’s on for £15k, IMO what your looking at is half of that if even
Think it would be worth more than a few grand tbh. Sure 328i sports are making more than that ! it would still be a steal at 5 or 6 k ! id have it myself at that money Daytona violet is one of my Fav colours
A nice 328 is a few grand, a rough one with no history definitely isn’t

jayk

RMS Regular
OP
jayk
He's sitting at £7600 atm
Screenshot_20200630_195330_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Definitely a risk with that but if your buying it to keep and drive then work away. If your buying it thinking it’ll be an investment or worth a lot more down the line I’d let it go.
There is a lovely low mileage Black all original car for sale atm and it’s on for £15k, IMO what your looking at is half of that if even

A nice 328 is a few grand, a rough one with no history definitely isn’t
well the 328s ive seen on ebay ect have been abit more than a few grand, The black m3 you talk of is it the 1993 one with 95k on pistonheads ? remember that car used to be owned by someone on here actually remember when they were selling it actually it had 88k her back then & i think the fella on here was looking about £4,500 just shows how much the price has risen on them !

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Count up all that you think it needs done, and weigh it up against the price. Even fully restored it will never fetch big money without history imo
@Jas Lad @mayweather are the ones to ask

jayk

RMS Regular
OP
jayk
Taking all that needs done, I'd say comfortably 2k to make right. Interior is mint subframe is good. Would make it close to a 10k car.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Taking all that needs done, I'd say comfortably 2k to make right. Interior is mint subframe is good. Would make it close to a 10k car.
As I said it depends what you want to do with it. If I bought it I’d be buying it with the intention of never selling it

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That the one on driftworks ?
cool cars but many many have been cut up cause there rusting out and that was years ago. So be wary. Not that it’s any harm to them but it will have had its balls rung too, hence old back rims fitted even.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
From an article I seen recently any e36 m3 below £8k needs work done.The 3 litre ones don’t seem to fetch big money compared to m3 evos.I seen an m3 Evo with 108k miles sell for 16k

jayk

RMS Regular
OP
jayk
I think I might take the trip over. And hopefully there's not much else mechanically and cosmetically wrong with it.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I’d ask for a few pics, underneath, in around the boot, battery tray, rear arches etc

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Definitely get her bought. It’s Daytona. If you don’t appreciate the colour, you’ll get a standard one for even less

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've a few pictures here, it all looks good. It's so tempting as I've always wanted 1.
Go for it & get er bought mate you only live once ! go up to him & flash 5k cash infront of his eyes, if he says no put him in a headlock & give him a noogie or a chinese burn or summat :joy: