Karcher K2, K3 or K4

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Anyone able to answer this.
I've my K4 a while now and I don't think there's any power in it. This is direct water feed a 15m hose and short lance with a 40 degree fitting.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Does look a bit weak, have you the nozzle full turned round to the full psi setting? Prob a silly question but just a thought

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Yeah it's done, with the lance add on it drops it even more that's only a blast of I ran it for any time it just dies. What some advice before I either go buy a k7 or kranzle and be done with it.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Anyone able to answer this.
I've my K4 a while now and I don't think there's any power in it. This is direct water feed a 15m hose and short lance with a 40 degree fitting.

Have you tried your original lance? I have a short trigger lance and tbh donā€™t use it as thereā€™s more power using the original. 40 degree one is the worst though, try the 25

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@MarkM i noticed a difference being worse with the original lance. Will try the 25 fitting. Neighbour has the k5 might try and see if I can lend it and test it.

Walder

RMS Regular
Anyone any experience of the snow foam lance not fitting into the k4?

Went to snow foam last week and my snow foam lance would not go into the karcher gun. I have had this lance for over a year and never an issue.

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
I bought a k3 the other week to replace my k2 as the pump had cracked šŸ™„ seems to be a good job not a noticeable difference in power from the k2 tbh but compact and easy

Walder

RMS Regular
Turns out there is a small yellow insert in each of the attachments and it has been pulled out around the water out of the handle.

Well a pair or pilers and it pulled out and back into the lance.

Business is now back to normal.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Bit of a thread revival. My Argos special pressure washer has finally gave up the ghost after 8yrs and as such Iā€™m on the hunt for a replacement.

Recent circumstances has meant that I have a little bit of money and Iā€™m thinking of splashing out for a Karcher unit.

Having read through this thread it would appear that the K4 would suit my needs best for cleaning the two cars and the bi-annual cleaning of the front garden concreted area.

Having a quick look online it would appear that at the time I write this Screwfox seem to have the best offer on the Power Control Car & Home and the Full Control Car & Home units.

Is there any benefit to having the Full Control version? Is it more than just having an LED display on the Lance? Is that in itself just one more thing to go wrong?

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
As @brendy says, try the outlet. I got a K5 full control for a decent saving. Made short work of my patio yesterday and the 2 cars today. Iā€™ve a stubby trigger gun for mine but keep the WiFi Lance handy for changing the pressure

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Power control lance is a gimmick

If you want a karcher go to Consumable Products between Dundonald and Ards. Great reports about their customer service and after care plus they always seem to have an offer on the go.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Power control lance is a gimmick

If you want a karcher go to Consumable Products between Dundonald and Ards. Great reports about their customer service and after care plus they always seem to have an offer on the go.
Yea I had a feeling it was a gimmick. I had a quick look online at the Consumable products and they feck all in stock!

I also looked online at. Karcher place somewhere in Craigmore, also had nothing in stock.

@brendy what does the WiFi Lance actually offer in terms of real world usability?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Yep, Iā€™ve bought from @nigelmcg and sent loads of customers to him.

sure; the outlet will give you a saving on reconditioned units but Consumable Products will price match any local or online sellers and give an extra years warranty too.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Yea I had a feeling it was a gimmick. I had a quick look online at the Consumable products and they feck all in stock!

I also looked online at. Karcher place somewhere in Craigmore, also had nothing in stock.

@brendy what does the WiFi Lance actually offer in terms of real world usability?
Sorry, to be more accurate, some of the models I looked at werenā€™t in stock. Other items I looked at had no price listed on the Consumable Products website.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
How do you change these settings if the OEM gun dies? I would fear it happening when you're set to a low setting and being stuck with that lol

I went for the K2 and bought a quick release kit from eBay for a bit more modularity, although my needs are a bit less with only one car.

brendy

RMS Regular

It allows you to use preset pressure levels and when using the 3 in 1 Lance gives you different options. Some people prefer bog standard, this cones with it in the price so why not use it?
Never mind, I see it changes the pressure. How is that done? On the Lance or via an app?
It's not WiFi as in you use an app, WiFi that there's no wire going back to the compressor, think of it like a wireless volume up and down control.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Ah I get you now. I guess Iā€™m gonna have to take @Big Pimp ā€™s advice and give @nigelmcg a call on Monday and see if he can ā€œquote me happyā€ lol
Kranzle is another brand to look at. Iā€™ve had my Karcher 5.80 for 15 years. Itā€™s needed a few bits over the years and consumable products in Ards sorted these. Iā€™ve a 20 metre cleantec hose too, so just like the E46... Iā€™m in too deep šŸ˜‚

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Iā€™ve ended up ordering direct from Karcher.com as nowhere local had the package deal I wanted in stock and could give no lead times.

Pleasantly surprised by the prices with them directly, seems that anywhere local had good old NI tax added on!