Golf sized reliable car around £750

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Scrappers
Hi all,
A family member is looking for a cheap and reliable car for around £750. Thought I'd be as well posting on here if to see if anybody has anything. She doesn't really care what it is or how stylish it is providing it gets her around and doesn't cause trouble. Just needs to be a 5 door golf sized car

RevT

RMS Regular
My recommendation would be a 1.9 TDI PD 130bhp engined Passat / A4 / Golf / Bora / Leon / Toledo. It’ll never let her down.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Scrappers
My recommendation would be a 1.9 TDI PD 130bhp engined Passat / A4 / Golf / Bora / Leon / Toledo. It’ll never let her down.

That sort of thing would usually be my go to advise but it seems difficult to get one that hasn't been sat on its hole on RS6s with a big pidgeon pipe on jt

RevT

RMS Regular
I got an A4 avant 130 Sport with full leather, front and rear parking sensors, sunroof etc in England a few weeks ago for £800. Obviously it cost a wee bit extra to get it home but they are really really reliable cars and it’d be easier finding a decent one in England.

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
What happened the last one... Did she give up in the end? Make it to 400k?

RevT

RMS Regular
What happened the last one... Did she give up in the end? Make it to 400k?

384K and I sold it on to some man with 6 months MOT. He planned to drive it from Armagh to Dublin and back 5 days a week.

The only reason I sold it was because it needed a windscreen and some suspension components at the front. I just couldn’t justify it to myself with it also needing another timing belt kit after probably another 10-20K too. It was still driving perfect.

I’ve bought one with 140K on it now and had a full years MOT, four brand new tyres and had a receipt for £400 worth of suspension and brake work weeks before I bought it. 😂

purplea4T

RMS Regular
2003 Golf 2.0 GTI, 43K on it, MOT extension until December, away getting 2 front bushes and an o2 sensor. No rust at all but some lacquer crinkle on some panels.
IMG_20191222_151413.jpg
IMG_20191222_151417.jpg
IMG_20191222_151237.jpg
IMG_20191217_114021.jpg

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Scrappers
It’s 1600cc bud. Iv it away getting valeted hence why I haven’t sent anyone who’s asked for pictures 😁

Showed her there and shes seems keen on it, let me know when youve got it back. Where abouts are you based mate?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
My mother in law is selling her vectra within your budget as she has just bought a new insignia? I can get details if its of interest?