Totally and utterly pissed with my foam gun

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Rite seriously ,I got a new snow foam gun delivered a few months ago now and used it 2 weeks ago for the first time and it was working as it should .i used it last week and after spraying around half the car it started coming out all watery but I persevered and got the car done .Last night it started poorly ,then burst into life but before I had like half done it went tits up again and I finished holding on it’s side ,upside down ,anything just to get foam.simple question guys ,WTF is going wrong for me as I thought it was my old gun but obviously not it seems.

e320mark

RMS Regular
Rite seriously ,I got a new snow foam gun delivered a few months ago now and used it 2 weeks ago for the first time and it was working as it should .i used it last week and after spraying around half the car it started coming out all watery but I persevered and got the car done .Last night it started poorly ,then burst into life but before I had like half done it went tits up again and I finished holding on it’s side ,upside down ,anything just to get foam.simple question guys ,WTF is going wrong for me as I thought it was my old gun but obviously not it seems.
I read something somewhere that it’s recommended to since them out after use! Same happened to me but I got a new one when I bought a new power washer.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I’d split the body down mate, it sounds like the gauze is gummed up/clogged. It happens pretty easily, rinsed in boiling water should clear it; alternatively new gauzes aren’t much money but you’ll have to wait for them.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sounds like a pressure issue ??

Borrow another foam gun to make sure yours is not faulty.

Ive mine 6 years. Used 3 gauzes on it and clean it once a year if lucky. Never missed a beat.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Your mixing your foam wrong, it's too concentrated and causing your gauze to clog. Your supposed to rinse through with water afterwards too, if you have hard water this will also cause issues so rinse it with filtered water

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
It’s only been used once and it was rinsed out afterwards ,I will try it tomorrow with a weaker mixture of foam and see if that makes any difference .could possibly be the issue that I’m doing wrong .think the pressure is good enough . .

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i have 2 lances - one which is about 6 years old and the newer one which is only 3.

the newer one has always been faultless until about 2 months ago.

We did have a marginal drop in water pressure and it seems to have messed it up a bit.

I stripped it, cleaned it and it worked fine for another few washes and now its playing about again.

I'm going to strip it, replace the gauze this time instead of cleaning it out and at the same time replace the internal orifice to a 1.1mm one which apparently makes a huge difference too

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
i have 2 lances - one which is about 6 years old and the newer one which is only 3.

the newer one has always been faultless until about 2 months ago.

We did have a marginal drop in water pressure and it seems to have messed it up a bit.

I stripped it, cleaned it and it worked fine for another few washes and now its playing about again.

I'm going to strip it, replace the gauze this time instead of cleaning it out and at the same time replace the internal orifice to a 1.1mm one which apparently makes a huge difference too
I took mine apart to replace the orifice and I swear the old one looked marginally smaller. Lol. Didn't make a difference anyway.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
First thing I'd do it turn the mix until it stops then do a quarter turn back. Mine started playing up at 'full lock', but a simple turn back fixed it.

I've always rinsed mine out after every use and also rebuilt it once in the 3 years I've been using it.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Great thread. Tried the foam a few times after a lance donation from @mattyc but got worse very quickly and it was left in the drawer as a bad day. Will strip it down and clean and give another go!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
I ordered a smaller orifice as advised and it was miles different than the original so it was put into the Drawer.
In regards to my washer it’s like 2200w and 420lts per minute flow or there Abouts.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
could be worse - i had a neighbour scowl as her num nut kids were rolling in the foam left running down the gutter one time!!
The kids beside me jump and **** about in the foam on the kerbside also .there feet get totally stinking lol.

Rfg

RMS Regular
If you have hard water and or low pressure foam. Lances will struggle and clog. Also if your not using them on a regular basis the surfactant dependant on what foam your using will solidify and cause it to block. Just run a bit of wheel cleaner through it most times will cure it. Lower quity foams actually work much better through lances I find

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I have the solution 😂

Screenshot_20200816_154510.jpg