Police investigate film of boy driving lorry on motorway

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
The tractor runs need looked at now as well. Cabs with about 6 people in them. No cabs and 3 or 4 hanging on. Driving through red lights etc.
Only a matter of time till someone gets hurt. I bet the half of them is only insured for agriculture use and not runs.

Should they also not be running on clear for them as they're x miles away from their farmland and no longer carrying out agriculture duties?

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I wouldn't say so. That's like saying the medical profession is under question if Harold Shipman can become a doctor. There are plenty of lorry drivers out there who are probably outraged at the actions of these two inbreds and don't appreciate being tarnished by their actions.
Medical profession still suffers the consequences via really stringent burden of proof of ongoing professional development, log books and yearly appraisals to this day. One bad actor can bring a whole profession in to disrepute pretty readily. Whether or not that's the case for this clown is another question though.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Alright Karen. Chill out.
download.jpg

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
Medical profession still suffers the consequences via really stringent burden of proof of ongoing professional development, log books and yearly appraisals to this day. One bad actor can bring a whole profession in to disrepute pretty readily. Whether or not that's the case for this clown is another question though.

except the driving profession doesn't actually need any more checks/ licences / training, , its all there already, ie to drive an artic you need to be the correct age, have the correct licences and insurance etc etc.
They just need to enforce what they have, its going to be difficult to enforce across the industry , unless of course some one reports the wrong doing or has evidence to prove etc.

Conveniently for the regulators in this instance some folks have gone to the trouble of incriminating themselves and displaying it to the entire world.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are 5592 miles of road in Northern Ireland - if you haven't happened to have to seen checks on your commute/routes, don't be so close minded as to assume that is the case everywhere. I've seen them being done, I've also been stopped and breathalysed myself a few times though never had alcohol in my system.

They average 2700-3000 prosecutions per year for drink driving so obviously someone is checking - that's 50 drivers every week in a relatively small land mass.

For 10 years or so I was doing around 90k a year on the roads here with some down south...never once was I stopped and breathalised. Nor did I see them stopping and doing it.
Yes they are checking some places it seems...but there are others they really should be checking. And workplaces that involve driving should be high on that priority list.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Why not? He’s a lorry driver who knows the ramifications of committing road traffic offences....

My opinion on this is so very much different, that child should be put into care.

In my experience from growing up boozing in country pubs, it was always lorry drivers who risked it driving home full at the weekend. I never understood why they done it when they very job depended on it.
Agh come on man .the child should be put into care .?? That’s not on .

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Should they also not be running on clear for them as they're x miles away from their farmland and no longer carrying out agriculture duties?

Yes they should be using clear diesel but never heard of anyone getting dipped. Authorities maybe turn a blind eye as the majority are raising money for charity, one particular one raises a serious amount.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
For 10 years or so I was doing around 90k a year on the roads here with some down south...never once was I stopped and breathalised. Nor did I see them stopping and doing it.
Yes they are checking some places it seems...but there are others they really should be checking. And workplaces that involve driving should be high on that priority list.

Had you got booze in you during any of those 900,000 miles?

scub

Banned
on a slight tangent - but just saw cops placing a "seized by the psni" sign on a BMW they'd pulled over on the embankment.
only ones near it was a bloke walking carrying a toddler in his arms.
maybe it was there overnight but wasn't clamped or didn't have a dvla ticket on it.
it was just happening so reckon it had to have been him.
what sort of offence warrants that.?