Where to start.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Seriously tempted to aim for getting one next Spring. I really like the MT07, but I'm 6 1" so it might be a bit too small for me. Also, many reviews say the suspension is poor and the brakes are crap. Still, probably worth it for that engine with a nice exhaust on it.

Few tweeks front and rear suspension can be handy done and aren't too bad stock with a little fettling and time and testing. Brakes can be improved by changing stocks pads to the likes of EBC HH sintered pads.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Yea, I'll get that booked very soon. Not in any big rush. My aim is to get a bike next Spring. Need some time to save up as I'll be starting from scratch again. I didn't keep any of my riding gear. And insurance is likely to be really expensive.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Another bit done!
4414B24F-61EC-4E8F-8B71-74FC5593D1E7.jpeg

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Well done. I have mine booked for the end of November, was the earliest date I could get here. CBT is next Wednesday. Hopefully all my years of mountain biking and the lessons I had when I was 20 will make it fairly comfortable for me.

Reactions: Ben

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Well done. I have mine booked for the end of November, was the earliest date I could get here. CBT is next Wednesday. Hopefully all my years of mountain biking and the lessons I had when I was 20 will make it fairly comfortable for me.
You're halfway there if you can ride a pushbike and able to look exactly where you want to go. After that it's just throttle and clutch control. Easypeesy.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Cheers. I was originally booked for end of November but when you go online in the evenings I was able to pull it forward a couple of times.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
What sort of bits are worth picking up? I’m thinking paddock stand, some sort of phone mount, security devices or whatever.

Also any advice on insurance be great.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What sort of bits are worth picking up? I’m thinking paddock stand, some sort of phone mount, security devices or whatever.

Footman James if the bike is over 15 years old. Ride to work, extras cover (panniers and accessories), helmet and leathers cover (up to £1500 from memory) and a few other great extras seen my insurance for the 1150GS at just over £200 fully comp the day I passed my test, obviously without having any NCB, experience etc...

Reactions: ALN

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various

Did you get a bike? If not, I wouldn't buy a paddock stand yet because you might get a bike with a centre stand on it anyway. Or a single side swingarm which will need a different or specific fitting stand. Or fittings for bobbins or flat cushions.
Buy some ear plugs to try them for wind noise.

Edit: didn't see the free offer above, lol.

Reactions: ALN

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I’ve a paddock stand you can have mate. No use to me atm lol.
Cool mate. That’s very generous, maybe we can get sort out a blast in the m3s too!
Did you get a bike? If not, I wouldn't buy a paddock stand yet because you might get a bike with a centre stand on it anyway. Or a single side swingarm which will need a different or specific fitting stand. Or fittings for bobbins or flat cushions.
Buy some ear plugs to try them for wind noise.

Edit: didn't see the free offer above, lol.
Yes mate picket up a Hornet which has a side stand.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Off the road test now booked for end of October. Wondering if I can book the on the road test before passing the off the road test

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Off the road test now booked for end of October. Wondering if I can book the on the road test before passing the off the road test

You can’t unfortunately, have to wait until the day after you pass the off-road too.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
You can’t unfortunately, have to wait until the day after you pass the off-road too.
That’s annoying. I’m too impatient really lol. At least it’s just practical stuff to do now.

There’s no online booking atm so it’s not so handy to pick up the cancellations like the theory.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Booked my DAS for the end of the month. Looking forward to throwing my leg over a bigger bike. Are they easier at slow speeds over the 125s? The little GSX-S125 I had for my CBT had a really snatchy throttle. Got used to it in the end.