2007 Nissan 350z Nismo

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
Drives
350Z Nismo
So After spending the past 8 months in Japan on the train and just viewing cars, I have now bought a car.

A 2007 350z Nismo, not the best photos but there are so many cars in the garage its difficult to get a good angle. Car had 80k miles, FSH and you can see from photo how clean the engine bay is. Of course as its a Nismo model it comes with Nismo kit, body is solid, no rust or scratched but some of the paint has faded in areas and required attention, not sure if I will wrap the car of just paint the required areas, worried its not a good colour match.

Car has a MCR titanium exhaust, which is super expensive and sound great, other than that it standard.

Interior is ok, seats condition is good but some plastic panels need replaced (common on these cars)

Now I need to wait 4 weeks for it to be available, yes Japan is not as efficient as people think. When I get the car, its going to have been almost a year since I had a car (Camaro SS), going to be first time in almost 5 years since I have had a manual, cant wait :grinning:

350-1.jpg
350-2.jpg
350-3.jpg
350-4.jpg
350-5.jpg
350-6.jpg
350-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Oh yes!!!!! Special special car!!! Is it a true Nismo edition or a HR with a Nismo kit? Looks like someone has changed the wheels and exhaust from the Nismo versions.

great to see another on the forum!!

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Oh yes!!!!! Special special car!!! Is it a true Nismo edition or a HR with a Nismo kit? Looks like someone has changed the wheels and exhaust from the Nismo versions.

great to see another on the forum!!

Yeah its a official model, I had the VIN checked by Nissan.

Yeah the exhaust has been changed to MCR, the alloys I wasn't sure if they had been changed or if this was a set that was available with the JDM version.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
From spending a lot of time on forums the two Nismo wheels where

1598096705340.jpeg

1598096736226.jpeg

The oem Nismo exhaust is beautiful sounding but bit tame in 350z terms. Prob reason why it was changed.
Looks lovely!!

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
From spending a lot of time on forums the two Nismo wheels where

The oem Nismo exhaust is beautiful sounding but bit tame in 350z terms. Prob reason why it was changed.
Looks lovely!!

Makes sense that they are not Nismo, they don't even say Nismo.

Its a nice car but not perfect, its solid though and just needs touched up. Power wise, looking for around 450, any ideas what's required? Does it need forced induction to get there?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Makes sense that they are not Nismo, they don't even say Nismo.

Its a nice car but not perfect, its solid though and just needs touched up. Power wise, looking for around 450, any ideas what's required? Does it need forced induction to get there?

yeah would do, they don’t make massive gains from NA tuning and maps etc. Most fellas go twin turbo but most kits are from the states and LHD so need adapted etc. Loads of info on the uk forum and few guys mid turbo’n them. Sometimes a full kit pops up for sale but is snapped up instantly. General rule of thumb is it’ll cost you 8-10k to get right and then you will be chasing 450-500 whp. But by time are that deep in you may as well have bought something 450 outta the box lol.

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
yeah would do, they don’t make massive gains from NA tuning and maps etc. Most fellas go twin turbo but most kits are from the states and LHD so need adapted etc. Loads of info on the uk forum and few guys mid turbo’n them. Sometimes a full kit pops up for sale but is snapped up instantly. General rule of thumb is it’ll cost you 8-10k to get right and then you will be chasing 450-500 whp. But by time are that deep in you may as well have bought something 450 outta the box lol.

Wow 8-10k, that's a lot of money. Wont be going out of my way to do that then.

Last edited:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Wow 8-10k, that's a lot of money. Wont be goin gout of my way to do that then.
No doubt you can prob backyard it and do it a lot cheaper but average to get it right with correct support mod’s etc works out around 8k.
It’s my dream also lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
very cool video. and hope you have many happy miles motoring!!

not gonna lie, that car dealership had some very nice stuff there! you be open to starting a 350z part exporting service to NI lol?

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
very cool video. and hope you have many happy miles motoring!!

not gonna lie, that car dealership had some very nice stuff there! you be open to starting a 350z part exporting service to NI lol?

There sure is, more than happy to help people out who need parts from Japan. Plan to go out to a breakers yard at some point to see if they have any decent cars, just need to find out where they are.

scub

Banned
is that yank downhill dyno whp haha.
450 atw is 550 + atf & that'll just go round in circles on our roads 90% of the time!
useless pub talk nonsense!
to add - class looking motor - enjoy it the way it was designed to be enjoyed 👍

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
is that yank downhill dyno whp haha.
450 atw is 550 + atf & that'll just go round in circles on our roads 90% of the time!
useless pub talk nonsense!
to add - class looking motor - enjoy it the way it was designed to be enjoyed 👍

That’s the kit that most head for. It’s claiming 450hp (doesn’t make it clear at the wheels or flywheel) but that’s with a run of the mill fueling System etc. Lot of fellas on the forum build on from that system.
Totally impractical yes, awesome whine yes

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Had to take the car back to the garage yesterday, between 1500-3000 revs on start-up, the car was shuddering. Seems to be the VTC valves as per forum researches I have done so hopefully not a big issue.

Was excited for what courtesy car I would get, thought it would be a K car but was very wrong, they gave me a Nissan Laurel, a beast here on the Japanese smaller roads.

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Well guys, had a nightmare start to the Nismo ownership, car been in the garage for 5 weeks now and they are just simply taking the piss. They are just trying to do things the cheapest possible way. Japanese authorities don't seem to care either, everyone keeps saying you bought a second hand car, things will go wrong. They seem to forget about the warranty lol.

Anyway, hopefully get it sorted soon.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Well guys, had a nightmare start to the Nismo ownership, car been in the garage for 5 weeks now and they are just simply taking the piss. They are just trying to do things the cheapest possible way. Japanese authorities don't seem to care either, everyone keeps saying you bought a second hand car, things will go wrong. They seem to forget about the warranty lol.

Anyway, hopefully get it sorted soon.

sorry to hear this. What is the issue ?

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Between 1500-3000 revs when the car is cold, it shudders. This happens for 3-5 minutes and then the car is fine, doing some research, it seems to be related to VTC. Its around £600 each, so would cost them £1200 to fix this and they want to avoid this, even preferring to replace the engine but I don't wan that as if the engine costs less than £1200, then its not a very good one, taking into account this is a HR version and there isn't many around.

Do you know if the HR engine in the Nismo is exactly the same as the base model?

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
sorry to hear this. What is the issue ?
Between 1500-3000 revs when the car is cold, it shudders. This happens for 3-5 minutes and then the car is fine, doing some research, it seems to be related to VTC. Its around £600 each, so would cost them £1200 to fix this and they want to avoid this, even preferring to replace the engine but I don't wan that as if the engine costs less than £1200, then its not a very good one, taking into account this is a HR version and there isn't many around.

Do you know if the HR engine in the Nismo is exactly the same as the base model?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

I see you have a post up on owners club also. That would be the place to ask about the engine being the same. Some very very experienced and knowledgable guys on there

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Would a GTR engine fit? No idea on cost but would it be as much as 8-10k second hand?

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Would a GTR engine fit? No idea on cost but would it be as much as 8-10k second hand?
Not willing to put a GTR engine in it, not worth the money or the hassle. Now a 380RS engine I would be interested in lol.

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Wow suppose being in Japan has its advantages!! That would be epic!!
Yeah but not sure how much work it would involve and going by the track record of the garage which I bought the car from, wouldn't trust them to do it. So have gone with the straight replacement. Hope I will have the car back within the next 7-10 days, that would mean they had the car for 7-8 weeks, crazy stuff.

Reactions: dub