a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I assume lazer in the quantities above would take off soap scum from a shower screen?

Yes, it will take off soap deposits and grease and whatnot, brilliant round the kitchen and bathroom.

If it's calcium deposits from hard water then you might need some form of descaler. In Cambridge, where the water is basically liquid chalk, I actually tried Purge last time as a descaler just for the craic. Worked great, lol.

In Belfast I just use Lazer for everything, lol.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Not car related, but thought best to ask here, but @Big Pimp do you have anything which can clean pebble dashing on house and garage? Its quite heavily stained.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Lyons - I need to deliver to you tomorrow mate. Are you about? It’s only been a month!

lol! I’ve had to lean out my drivers window to see for the last 3 weeks because the inside of the windscreen is so dirty.

Yes at home tomorrow. Have pretty much back to back meetings from 10-2.30 so Probably won’t be able to stop for a chat.

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Need the ace Ventura giphy, but can’t find the giphy link anymore 😓

tenor.gif

davyk31

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp what could I use to clean off some very hardened glue on a velux roof window. Must be remnants of a label the previous owners didn’t clean off and it’s now had 7 or 8 years baking on there. 4 spots need cleared. Tried Lazer, tar and glue remover and white spirit which has helped a little but still residue left there. Tired the hair dryer and again helped a bit but need something to eat Into the very hard glue.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Big Pimp what could I use to clean off some very hardened glue on a velux roof window. Must be remnants of a label the previous owners didn’t clean off and it’s now had 7 or 8 years baking on there. 4 spots need cleared. Tried Lazer, tar and glue remover and white spirit which has helped a little but still residue left there. Tired the hair dryer and again helped a bit but need something to eat Into the very hard glue.

One of these with soapy water: Unger Mini Safety Scraper

Or some superfine wire wool.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

Tarminator if you have some of that, or whatever other solvent you might have, like solvent based paint thinner.

If that doesn't work then carefully rub off with soapy water (or better still Gleam+) and fine 0000 wire wool.

The latter is brilliant for cleaning windows in general before applying Hydraclean.

It may take a while.

If it's really bad then try a plastic scraper, like an ice scrapper.

With all of the above be careful obviously. Try a small corner first, etc.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Id be trying steam on it using a handheld streamer or you could soak some cotton pads/toilet paper in Tarminator and leave on the glue and that should take it off.