Rate your Products.

Walder

RMS Regular
I would agree. This is the most effective citrus degreaser I have used by quite some stretch. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL

Do not apply to hot surfaces
Do not apply and dwell in direct sunlight
Do not allow to dry

Do not allow to dry.... I don't think that's possible with the current weather lol!!

I can get no where near my car at the minute.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp so do you recommend to power hose The car first and apply to wet vehicle or just spray dry and power wash off after say 1 minute.does this then remove loose dirt or is it just more like bugs ect it removes.do you still articulate after or is this before citrus.
Did you ever open a shop yet or you still working from Kilkeel area up thon big wide road .😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp so do you recommend to power hose The car first and apply to wet vehicle or just spray dry and power wash off after say 1 minute.does this then remove loose dirt or is it just more like bugs ect it removes.do you still articulate after or is this before citrus.
Did you ever open a shop yet or you still working from Kilkeel area up thon big wide road .😂
I normally spray the products onto a dry surface, allow some dwell time before rinsing off.

My theory is that spraying onto an already wetted surface will not give the chemical true adhesion.

Citrus will be maybe a monthly wash with instead of articulate.

and yes, I have my own place in the big smoke of Downpatrick now - much handier!!!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Anyone able to point me in the direction of a drying aid. Something in bulk that doesn't cost the earth. Put my hydo one in a pump sprayer being lazy and usage was shocking.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Anyone able to point me in the direction of a drying aid. Something in bulk that doesn't cost the earth. Put my hydo one in a pump sprayer being lazy and usage was shocking.
Sonax Brilliant shine detailer. Spray on while car is wet and use towel to dry. Its usually dirt cheap for big bottles on Euro Car Parts, when they've a sale I buy a few bottles. You'd swear you'd waxed the car, beading is great.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Without googleing that the blue liquid one that every one here use to buy? Think Coog got one bust in the post at a time iirc

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes it’s a blue liquid but I would say Anachem Hybrid is a similar product but is easier to use. That’s not to say the Somax isn’t good stuff as it is.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Bilt Hamber QD is another one to throw into the mix. Can be diluted to around 10:1 to use as a drying aid.

In saying that Anachem Ultragloss is very good and probably around half the price for 500ml and dilutes to 10:1 also.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Without googleing that the blue liquid one that every one here use to buy? Think Coog got one bust in the post at a time iirc
Rate your Products. last one on this post.
Mels car this morning, cars been waxed once in its life so this is the work of Sonax
20201012_075223.jpg
20201012_075213.jpg

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Tried Gyeon wet coat yesterday, looks very good so far.

The paint work was so slick after I applied it the drying towel nearly slide off the bonnet 😅

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Tried Gyeon wet coat yesterday, looks very good so far.

The paint work was so slick after I applied it the drying towel nearly slide off the bonnet 😅
Yeah it's really good though need to be very methodical with application. Really needs done a panel at a time (as per instructions) or it streaks alot. But great if used properly.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Yeah it's really good though need to be very methodical with application. Really needs done a panel at a time (as per instructions) or it streaks alot. But great if used properly.
I spray the product onto a damp microfibre or microfibre applicator and go over 2 panels at a time, so you miss no parts, then hose off.
Use less product and gives better coverage.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I have a cheap wash mitt that I keep for wet coat. 2 sprays per panel, rub over with the mitt and powerhose off

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Based on the instructions I really soaked the car before applying it, so far seems to be very good.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Poorboys Natural look dressing. Never heard of this but @Mel bought me it for my birthday. Give it its 1st use today, called to my mums to give her car a once over seeing it's been neglected over lockdown.
Seems to work pretty well. I'll not do the usual ratings as I didn't buy it, and I'm not sure how long it'll last.
I will say however , it went on easily, results were good and very little was needed so plus points for that.
View attachment 280470View attachment 280471View attachment 280473
View attachment 280472
So I used this for the 2nd time on my own car. Not sure I'm impressed really. Tried it on my faded scuttle and although it was pretty faded, I expected more from a dedicated trim product.
Unless it needs another going over with it being so faded.
20201011_161051.jpg
20201011_161807.jpg
20201011_161820.jpg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Been using autoglym plastic and trim conditioner for a while now
Used it on a customers badly weathered bmw scuttle panel a while back.

Came up pretty good, not sure what the longevity is on this product tho, a little does goes along way.

1 litre for around £16 I think it was, put it on using an applicator pad then buffed over it with a microfiber after 30seconds to remove any streaks and excess

Screenshot_20201012_204759.jpg

Screenshot_20201012_204811.jpg

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Been using autoglym plastic and trim conditioner for a while now
Used it on a customers badly weathered bmw scuttle panel a while back.

Came up pretty good, not sure what the longevity is on this product tho, a little does goes along way.

1 litre for around £16 I think it was, put it on using an applicator pad then buffed over it with a microfiber after 30seconds to remove any streaks and excess

View attachment 298605
View attachment 298606
Did u do a 50/50 pic ? If I look at my scuttle now you'd hardly know I did anything to it 😳

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Project farm did a test on trim products a while back. Was interesting results the likes of meguiars and chemical guys tested, really none had any uv protection so they all faded in sunlight.

Edit linked video

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Project farm did a test on trim products a while back. Was interesting results the likes of meguiars and chemical guys tested, really none had any uv protection so they all faded in sunlight.

Edit linked video

Very interesting. The ceramic wipes came up trumps

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Yeah that's what I thought too that all of them were as bad as each other bar the ceramic there was no stand out from the rest. Interesting results all the same.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Yeah that's what I thought too that all of them were as bad as each other bar the ceramic there was no stand out from the rest. Interesting results all the same.
Ceramic sprays auto played afterwards, it's a good test too. Pity half the products are American.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Ceramic sprays auto played afterwards, it's a good test too. Pity half the products are American.
Most stock chemical guys, turtle wax is here along with meguiars and clean your car holds the 303 range. Others I don't think are held here. But I couldn't see there being a huge difference from them to what is made here. Good few of the smaller brands here use American chemists anyway iirc.