a-kem automotive

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Gave the M3 a clean today with Articulate, Ultrafoam, Ultragloss & Hybrid. Tyres were done after the pictures.
20201018_153753.jpg
20201018_153733.jpg
20201018_153810.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp when will the new products be launched?
I'm literally just waiting on labels coming in as I have everything sitting waiting for shipping. I've kept adding more labels to the order as I have ran out of a few whilst I was waiting on printers coming back so thats delayed them all a bit.

This week could be busy though as my DI vessels (which were collected in England last Monday!) are due in tomorrow...
Gave the M3 a clean today with Articulate, Ultrafoam, Ultragloss & Hybrid. Tyres were done after the pictures.View attachment 299239View attachment 299240View attachment 299241

What a beauty....

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
No problem, will keep an eye as I need a new lance but may as well order them all together

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
As I was about to disembark from the boat in Cairnryan last week the sun hit the windscreen and I could see nothing. While watching the ramp come down I reached for the closest bit of fabric I could grab, which turned out to be a pair of boxers (alas they were clean at least). Sadly it turns out boxer material is possibly the worst sort of material available for cleaning a windscreen and it actually left it worse than before.

Luckily Postman Pimp landed with a delivery the other day, so I hit the inside of the windscreen with Clearview last night. SO nice to be able to see again.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
As I was about to disembark from the boat in Cairnryan last week the sun hit the windscreen and I could see nothing. While watching the ramp come down I reached for the closest bit of fabric I could grab, which turned out to be a pair of boxers (alas they were clean at least). Sadly it turns out boxer material is possibly the worst sort of material available for cleaning a windscreen and it actually left it worse than before.

Luckily Postman Pimp landed with a delivery the other day, so I hit the inside of the windscreen with Clearview last night. SO nice to be able to see again.

What do you use to rub in / off the clearview?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Have one of those yolks on a handle that reaches into the corners but think the cloth heads have seen better days. Normally rub in with that & rub off again with paper towel but cant help thinking there is a better method.

Will take a hunt on his site here.

Thanks

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I think it's because if the microfibre isn't very clean it can dry a bit streaky I would be lost without clearview though.

I use it with the window cloths Ross supplies with it. As you say, some microfibres are not the best with it. I use it for our glass TV cabinet and other household glass.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Have one of those yolks on a handle that reaches into the corners but think the cloth heads have seen better days. Normally rub in with that & rub off again with paper towel but cant help thinking there is a better method.

Will take a hunt on his site here.

Thanks
Those wee jobbies are great.
If your microfibres are goosed wash a load together with a baby non bio tablet and no softener

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Any old microfiber will do, just as long as it's clean. Both Clearview and Hydraclean.

But Ross has some special glass cleaning cloths with a kind of diamond pattern on them. They're brilliant.
Yep. Those are the fishscale glass cloths. I normally give one free with the hydraclean

stevie_1

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp , is laser the most powerful degreaser/tfr you stock? Would be used for grass cutting machinery, they get rinsed down after every use, but the grass staining etc is hard work!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp , is laser the most powerful degreaser/tfr you stock? Would be used for grass cutting machinery, they get rinsed down after every use, but the grass staining etc is hard work!
we do another product called 'strong-arm' through the main company - I think it would be worth a shot

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
@Big Pimp Do you know when your new wheel cleaner will likely hit the website? And would it be safe on a diamond cut finish? I’ve about 200-300ml of wheel cleaner left but would rather hold out for yours launching instead of buying another bottle of my current stock.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
@Big Pimp when is product x coming on offer? I’m looking to order a few things but holding out here lol.