Rate your Products.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Never felt the urge to chip in here, until a couple of things I've bought and used recently blew me away

Bear in mind I'm not a professional amateur detailer and lucky if I've time to wash the cars once a month

First up, Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Simply wow just wow...pressure washed and then washed off the car, sprayed on liberally and dried off with a microfibre. I genuinely laughed how well both cars came up. Instant shine, covered up a multitude of sins and great beading. Based on the full price I'd go 9/10 as personally I think £22 a bottle is a bit pricey

Secondly, A replacement short trigger gun for my Karcher

Couldn't believe how much more powerful it was, compared to the old/standard trigger. Felt like I'd upgraded my pressure washer to a Industrial one...only downside is I wish I'd known about them years ago! Fantastic quality, really cannot recommend one enough - 10/10 no question

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Secondly, A replacement short trigger gun for my Karcher

Couldn't believe how much more powerful it was, compared to the old/standard trigger. Felt like I'd upgraded my pressure washer to a Industrial one...only downside is I wish I'd known about them years ago! Fantastic quality, really cannot recommend one enough - 10/10 no question
I cant get my head around what these are for ? Does it not just mean you've to get closer to the car ? (Obviously I understand the quick release bit)

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I cant get my head around what these are for ? Does it not just mean you've to get closer to the car ? (Obviously I understand the quick release bit)

If you're tight for space like me, then they're a god send in that regard - plus the connector swivels 360 degree so great for doing in along the sills and under the arces

Oh, and finally it's way, way more powerful than the standard Karcher trigger...I'd estimate 20% or so, maybe more

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
If you're tight for space like me, then they're a god send in that regard - plus the connector swivels 360 degree so great for doing in along the sills and under the arces

Oh, and finally it's way, way more powerful than the standard Karcher trigger...I'd estimate 20% or so, maybe more
I just can't help think that that's the benefit of the lance, getting into the wheel arches etc while being far enough away not to get soaked ?
(Edit: just watched a video. Can see the benefit of getting a better angle up in the arches)
However , the quick release and swivel is a good idea.

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I might buy one to try it out, but even after watching his review, I don't know if i'd prefer it for my use.

My gun already has a swivel on it, which maybe makes me find it so much handier.

Having said that, my washer and setup isn't a 'standard' washer etc. so maybe i've been spoiled a bit.

but at the price, its worth a try

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I might buy one to try it out, but even after watching his review, I don't know if i'd prefer it for my use.

My gun already has a swivel on it, which maybe makes me find it so much handier.

Having said that, my washer and setup isn't a 'standard' washer etc. so maybe i've been spoiled a bit.

Personally, the only thing I see different would be a better angle to certain places. But then I dont like the idea of swapping about nozzles.
I'm 50/50 on which I'd prefer between it and the normal lance.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I give you the loan of my and you can have a trail of it an between washing your car and mine 😜 it'll be a good test.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Hands down one of the best things I bought for washing the car, the one I bought also came with an extension if you want to get under the car or in the arches.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Hands down one of the best things I bought for washing the car, the one I bought also came with an extension if you want to get under the car or in the arches.
Yeah in that video he said theres an extension available. I think if I'd the kit I'd use the stubby for foaming and wheel arches, and the extension for the rest.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yeah in that video he said theres an extension available. I think if I'd the kit I'd use the stubby for foaming and wheel arches, and the extension for the rest.

I have honestly only ever used the extension once, never bothered with it since as I find I don’t need it even for getting into the arches.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Bought one last week, definitely closer to the car but surprisingly much less spray blowing back than expected. Quick nozzles are a breeze to swap over and the swivel definitely stops the hose kinking as much. Haven’t got them working 100% with 2 of my 3 foam lances as it maybe flows too much water, but experimenting with jets and cleaning up the lances themselves and hopeful of getting it together...... though also considering a couple of the Autoglym Polar Foam Cannons!

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Short Lance's are the ticket. I mainly got one as I've limited space down one side of the car, but so much handier for doing arches etc too. Paired with the quick release nozzles and a MTM PF22 snowfoam gun and it's perfect.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

What washer ect do you use at hone Ross .I’m looking to buy a decent set up for home use as I would give the trucks a wash if I have one of them hone at night.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What washer ect do you use at hone Ross .I’m looking to buy a decent set up for home use as I would give the trucks a wash if I have one of them hone at night.
I use the inter pump tx 12-100, which you'd probably see at a lot of the romanian car washes etc. Its had a red outer casing and is very recognisable!

its a proper hard working yet compact industrial machine, pumping 12 litres per minute at 100 bar / 1500 psi

Cleanwell in Ballymena are a local supplier (there are likely a few others, but they have been doing them for donkeys years)

Not cheap, but ours has been worked for probably 15years at this stage and has never missed a beat, including working all day a few years ago washing down tandragee main streets when they had a major slippage problem and we had to do an non-slip treatment just before one Christmas!

I've fitted quick release to mine to allow the change from angled lance (which I prefer to straight lances for getting under the arches etc) to foam lance, to deck cleaner to all manner of different attachments.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 09.28.30.png

Martyn

RMS Regular
I use the inter pump tx 12-100, which you'd probably see at a lot of the romanian car washes etc. Its had a red outer casing and is very recognisable!

its a proper hard working yet compact industrial machine, pumping 12 litres per minute at 100 bar / 1500 psi

Cleanwell in Ballymena are a local supplier (there are likely a few others, but they have been doing them for donkeys years)

Not cheap, but ours has been worked for probably 15years at this stage and has never missed a beat, including working all day a few years ago washing down tandragee main streets when they had a major slippage problem and we had to do an non-slip treatment just before one Christmas!

I've fitted quick release to mine to allow the change from angled lance (which I prefer to straight lances for getting under the arches etc) to foam lance, to deck cleaner to all manner of different attachments.

View attachment 302335

Ross did you buy one of the short lances?

I have the same powerwasher and don't know what lance to buy so that it fits?

Thanks

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Ross did you buy one of the short lances?

I have the same powerwasher and don't know what lance to buy so that it fits?

Thanks
Not yet mate. I’m going to assume it’s the M22 fitting but I’ll confirm with IO as they seem to have the best range and prices even when compared to eBay etc

I really don’t know how it will fare on this machine as I’ve got an angled hose 🤐 which works perfectly.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Martyn

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp I got one of the short guns from @Davey@Procar. He had all the quick release fittings as well - result!

Will let you know how I get on with the interpump power washer.View attachment 302454
@Big Pimp @Davey@Procar

Used the short gun today and very impressed. Cleaning is much better than the longer lance. It is fantastic for the wheels.

Something to watch out for though. It is easy not to clip the spray tips in tightly. This could cause them to be propelled at the car at great speed when you pull the trigger.

Always aim the gun away from the car until you are happy its installed properly.

Davey - can you get a long lance extension to fit in the gun using the quick release. If you could it would be the ultimate setup.