Toyota Yaris GR

Gemma

RMS Regular
I think these are limited edition and only some many units being sold??

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The mate who cancelled his order got told today while they refunded him, they didn't cancel his order and he can still have first refusal if he wants it when it comes in.

I think he'll be swayed now the reviews are out and the M140i will be up the road

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Limited numbers by Toyota... 1st allocation is nearly gone for UK apparently

approx 1000 units destined per year

but with the world in such a strange place at the mo who knows what way things will go.

I would love to be in a position to buy one ... think it would be an absolute hoot on B road blasting 😀

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
I will be in the market for a new car next year , but was struggling to find anything interesting as I like Jap reliability, and want an interesting/fun car to drive. This ticks all the boxes and will be booking a TD. Kudos to toyota.
Better not be going without me 😱

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Totally awesome thing, and great review by Jonny. You can buy a lot of nice things for 30k though.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Apparently is shares pretty much nothing external with a normal Yaris apart from lights, door mirrors and the shark fin antenna. Pretty bespoke machine!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
By the sounds of it, they are aiming for lower classes of rallying too. Impressive that they are adding a lot of extra stiffening in the floor, sills and suspension mounting areas. Should be a proper little weapon.

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Anyway, as good as this is, it's no Starlet SR!

StarletSR.JPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
A few of the autotest guys have been running JDM EP80 Starlets with tuned 1.5 litre engines out of a related JDM coupe of some sort. They only weight around 750kg and have around 150bhp so are complete weapons on the Targas.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Having spent some time reading up on these, and whilst appreciating what Toyota are doing, I just couldn't walk in and sign for one at £30k. I love my Japanese cars but a 3 cylinder hot hatch regardless of how great it is just doesn't tickle my lettuce.. I'm in the minority here for sure, I should love it more but I can't. Perhaps when I see one alive on the road I'll change my mind..hope I do.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Absolutely class wee cars. Weird to think there's a Yaris out there that I'll never afford lol

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
It looks an absolute weapon and any of the reviews I’ve read have backed that up.
People need to get over “it’s £30k for a Yaris”, it’s clearly a lot more to it than that. An Evo is just a lancer, a wrx STI is just an Impreza and RS focus is just a focus, still fantastic cars

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
My issue is its not exactly the practical hot hatch for the average family with kids like the competition has to offer. That's my biggest gripe with it. In my mind it's for a young lad / lady with no family still soul searching for the perfect life / career whilst driving a cool car. What 35-40 year old family man is going to buy that and feel like a legend.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Or it will be bought be some older person whose kids have all grown up and flown the nest. They won’t have the need for a family car per se.

Or it will be snapped up by car collectors to be parked in a garage.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yeah i would imagine a good chunk of them will go straight into private collections.

Reactions: DC.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
My issue is its not exactly the practical hot hatch for the average family with kids like the competition has to offer. That's my biggest gripe with it. In my mind it's for a young lad / lady with no family still soul searching for the perfect life / career whilst driving a cool car. What 35-40 year old family man is going to buy that and feel like a legend.

Good there are enough of those. Why can't we go back to making fun cars for the hell of it?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Exactly - if someone is in the market for a Focus ST or a Golf R they're not going to buy one of these. Just watched The Late Brake Show with it, was very interesting. He's saying Toyota have basically accepted they're not going to make any money on it and just built a genuinely bonkers car. I think it's great.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The Toyota president is a real car nut and loves the WRC side of things so building this was probably his idea.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’m 34 and have a family and if I had a spare £30k and I could get my wife to learn to drive I’d 100% buy one of them as a second car.