Audi A6 Allroad Sport

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Actually looking at one of these myself to possibly replace the tiguan. How are you finding it compared to the tig? And hope you don't mind me asking what rough area did it cost you as im finding it hard to get that sort of spec? Pm me if you wish

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It’s in a different league to the Tiguan, honestly! I was just saying to someone today you’d struggle to go back to a car with normal suspension again after the air setup in this. It is just an absolute joy to drive. Comfortable on a long trip but perfectly nimble on my cross country commute too.

Will send you a PM here.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Those look great ! Hard to beat a set of Rotors.
I’ve just had ours refurbed too!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Where did you get yours done? I’ll be dropping the 2 up to Micheal over winter at some point,

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It’s in a different league to the Tiguan, honestly! I was just saying to someone today you’d struggle to go back to a car with normal suspension again after the air setup in this. It is just an absolute joy to drive. Comfortable on a long trip but perfectly nimble on my cross country commute too.

Will send you a PM here.

Going from the Cayenne on air to a 2018 tiguan feels like a big step down but from the etron its honestly like stepping back 30 years... and not in a good, nostalgic way lol

Wheels look great. If its arch liners rubbing away just keep an eye on what is now potentially getting through to the inner arch. Might warrant a clean out after winter.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
No it’s not the arch liner, it was catching the inside lip of the external body coloured moulding.

My DIY effort seems to have solved it though. No rubbing when I was out earlier, albeit I was taking it relatively easy with a trailer.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Ian that looks incredible! Wheels really set it off. Lovely lovely daily.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That does look well, but imagine how well it would ride with the smallest wheels you could fit over the brakes and massive sidewalls.
Yes, I am old.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think you’d be surprised with this to be honest. I’m not 1 for sacrificing comfort in favour of looks- I removed 35mm springs from my GTi because even they were too firm. Even with 21” wheels this is still one of the most comfortable cars I’ve driven. Which doesn’t really make sense!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
That does look well, but imagine how well it would ride with the smallest wheels you could fit over the brakes and massive sidewalls.
Yes, I am old.

That's the thing, these cars are so smooth its almost confusing. Wheel size is nearly irrelevant!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I went from an 06 3.0tdi a4 avant to a 15 shogun for the wife as she tows a horse box quite a bit and with the kids in pony club she was going into fields a lot more (not great with s line ground clearance). Actually preferred the quattro for towing. I've come to the decision that one of these would be the perfect car for us. Nice comfy cruser that she can drive to work yet, at the touch of a button, ground clearance and torque to pull a small house down

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Lyons, the car is class! But I love reading your posts in hope you've put a pic up because your house is beautiful! 🤣

Lol thanks! There’s a whole thread devoted to the house though!

I've been trawling Autotrader all week looking at A6 Allroad Sports to replace the E-Class thanks to this thread! Love the new wheels.

Ha! Sorry!

Picked up my other wheels today from Michael- first class! Looking forward to seeing them on.

97D89E98-3E8D-4C67-84D0-6CB9BDDF4463.jpeg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Would you not just think about selling it now as you've had it long enough? I suppose I could do you a favour and take it off your hands to help you out as it's Christmas 'n'all that

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would you not just think about selling it now as you've had it long enough? I suppose I could do you a favour and take it off your hands to help you out as it's Christmas 'n'all that

Everything is for sale at the right price!
You going to use the 20's as winter wheels?

Affirmative. Continental winters fitted today.