Greenlight Insurance Thread

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Do they gave a discount for site members? I've been with them for well over 10years
Wouldn't insure either of my BMWs (F31 330d xdrive and E92 M3). Also wouldn't insure my R as it was new and high value as they put it.

Did give me a very good price for the Impreza WRX though.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
I used to use them for everything were the cheapest on both my Focus St's , Audi TT and Cupra. Then quoted me near 900£ for a Octavia Scout 😂. Use Adrian Flux now!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Never had a problem with them 99% of time. Usually every contact has been sound, interested and chat away bar 1 fella and always happy to give advice when enquiring about changes to both modifications or cars. Prices always the best for me too. That's why I've been with them 6 or 7 years now

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Awful place imo

Think i said before in this thread

But Adrian flux

Honestly cant fault them

Insured everything ive asked including mk2 golf with engine change

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
With them at least 10years and happy with the service, even when lowered, change of wheels, different back box didn't increase my premium. Also didn't charge for changing the reg on my car, but wife's insurance company did. Guys on the phone seem to know their cars too and happy to help and chat away.

Have had mates recommend companies that have been total crap for me or wouldn't even quote. Down to the individual I'd say.

I got a great quote of flux a few years ago when looking into agreed value policy for my daily, but they wouldn't protect my NCB.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Might not be the right place to post this but , I had a policy that I cancelled at the start of January as I didn’t need it any more .

paid monthly for the policy, call up abs cancelled it no problem and said that they would be I touch if they needed to get any more money form me .
They cancelled the direct debit and I heard nothing .

roll on 11 months later and I get a letter in the post saying they are looking approx £50 as “due to an error on their system” the letter didn’t get sent out to me after 7 days.

called up and had a chat with the girl on the phone and she stated that their t&c states the letter should go out within 7 days and they want the money. I went full d1ck mode as it felt they were taking the piss and I refused to pay as they can’t come 11 months later looking payment as they forgot about it .

have I a leg to stand on there or am I just going to have to eat humble pie and pay it ?

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Might not be the right place to post this but , I had a policy that I cancelled at the start of January as I didn’t need it any more .

paid monthly for the policy, call up abs cancelled it no problem and said that they would be I touch if they needed to get any more money form me .

roll on 11 months later and I get a letter in the post saying they are looking approx £50 as “due to an error on their system” the letter didn’t get sent out to me after 7 days.

called up and had a chat with the girl on the phone and she stated that their t&c states the letter should go out within 7 days and they want the money. I went full d1ck mode as it felt they were taking the piss and I refused to pay as they can’t come 11 months later looking payment as they forgot about it .

have I a leg to stand on there or am I just going to have to eat humble pie and pay it ?

From Greenlight? What are they going to do. Take you to court over 50 quid? Never listen and ignore them

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

Surely if they haven't complied with their own T&Cs they can't expect you to?

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Eh, have been with them for maybe 3 years. They were fine for my remap on my GTI but when it broke down mid-2020 and I swapped multiple times between that GTI and a cheaper GTI that I bought to take to the nurburgring at some point in 2020 (when one got fixed, the other broke, repeatedly in that year), they got a bit grumpy with me and put a limit on changes at 3 in a year, suggesting that I may be a trader (despite having only 1 car in the past 3 years...). I work in insurance software and asked around with a few brokers and they felt 3 was a harsh limit and they'd be happy with 5/6 changes in a year. Felt like I was bothering them personally every time every time I rang.

Sold both cars in October 2020, paid my MTA charge to move to an Audi S4 and I was happy enough.

Asked in December for a price to do a remap on the S4 and was refused and told I need to wait until March to have experience behind me, despite a completely clean licence for 7 years and 3 with them. Likely would've paid another MTA charge, which is ok but blocked.

Adrian Flux have quoted me for a remapped S4 at roughly what I was paying for the GTI, so will likely change in June to them.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
...Felt like I was bothering them personally every time every time I rang.

Exactly this! Their attitude on the phone was one of pure boredom/lack of interest.

Moved to Adrian Flux for all my interesting stuff and just whoever is cheapest for my daily.

Going by this thread it seems a common theme. Shame, because I was with them for a few years and they were decent enough.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
I guess that's my main annoyance too. I get that it's the underwriter's rules (in my case: changes limit; S4 experience needed), but as a broker they should be more empathetic to me when explaining the decisions of the underwriter.

Are Adrian Flux as chipper when doing policy changes/renewals as when they are getting creating the policy?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Have to renew insurance on my daily soon, with Greenlight for years, is there extra RMS discount or anything?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
VRS, been with them for well over 10 years and always found them helpful, but a bit of extra discount would be nice :grinning:

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Yes rang for a quote late last year. They’ve gone downhill tremendously. Avoid. Go with flux or similar
I went to go with flux with my last car around 7/8years ago as they gave agreed value and a great quote, but wouldn't protect my NCB, maybe worth a try again then.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Is the VRS heavily modified? Admiral were very competitive for my E92 M3 with the mods declared. I have previously used flux for several modified VAG cars and they were very good to deal with.